Favorite Joy Of Home Brewing Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOBOBREW

Reaction score
I've been trying out some of the recipes in the Joy of Home Brewing. So far my favorite is the Sparrow Hawk Porter. Just figuring out which I'm going to try next, any suggestions?

Welcome to HBT!

Are you brewing extract recipes?

It has been awhile, as since I joined here, I went to all grain brewing and have been brewing some of the oft brewed HBT favorites.

I brewed a couple of those... which have you done?

i just did a rocky raccoons honey lager. about to switch it from primary to secondary for lagering. so we will see how it turns out in a month or so.

Welcome to HBT!

Are you brewing extract recipes?

It has been awhile, as since I joined here, I went to all grain brewing and have been brewing some of the oft brewed HBT favorites.

I brewed a couple of those... which have you done?

Right now I'm brewing extract and partial mash (haven't made the leap to all grain yet.) So far I've done the Sparrow Hawk Porter, Toad Spit Stout, and Righteous American Real Ale.

I made the Vagabond Gingered Ale, and am loving drinking it. Actually just entered it in a competition, we'll hear back soon how it did. Definitely try it out if you like Stouts and Ginger.

I brewed up the Silver Dollar Porter (partial mash) last summer and after it aged in the bottle for a couple months it was FANTASTIC! I finished the last one a couple months ago and it was still great. It was the last partial mash I brewed and I plan on brewing it up All Grain sometime soon.

I really like the Elbro Nertke Nut Brown Ale. I've done a couple of them. They mature fast and are really delicious.

I've made Rocky Raccoon Honey Lager many, many times (both DME and a converted all grain). It is a good beer that gets better with aging.

another favorite was the Cherry Stout (can't remember the name), and it was freaking awesome.

Latest posts

Back