Favorite homebrew videos, youtube channels, or TV shows

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmybeer

Reaction score
I'm just getting back into the homebrewing community and was wondering if there are any good homebrewing video blogs, series or youtube channels in the vein of Brewing TV from Northern Brewer. I used to eat that up and wait for every episode and now that I'm getting back in the game it seems like there are way more options available at the brew shop, new styles to explore and just a lot more going on. What are the go to spots for video content. I'm talking tastings, experiments, informative videos, tours or just fun backyard brew sessions with cool hosts.

I know they're out there, what are your favorites?

The Modern Rogue has a few videos about beer, and making pruno (prison wine) and mead.

Beer and bbq Larry
Basic brewing
Barly and hops tv
Brew-dudes.com
Craigtube
Everty homebrew

You can also just put these guys in and more channels will start to show up on your home page. There are a lot of good bbq channels that also do home brew too, actually that's how I found beer n bbq Larry I was looking for bbq recipes so that was a win win.

Podcasts!

The Sour Hour
Craft Beer and Brewing
Masters Brewers Association
Sunday Session
Milk The Funk

Personally I prefer the podcasts with professional brewers speaking about their process, ingredients, recipes. Learned a lot about the small details that really make a difference when it comes to making high quality beer.

Beersmith podcast
Experimental Brew
Basic Brewing

And while not a podcast there are two blogs I read almost daily:
Shut Up About Barclay Perkins and Boak and Bailey.

Short Circuited Brewers on youtube is good if you're into electric brewing. I believe he's still on a bit of a hiatus from moving to a new house though. Also DrHans Brewery and Fast Homebrew.

Fast Homebrew doesn't generally go into the details of the process but the production is entertaining. Also the videos tend to be fairly short, I don't think any of them are more than 10 minutes long. Most of the brew days are around 6 minutes or less.

Last edited:
I mostly watch brewing videos on YouTube.

Basic brewing is my favorite (I have their app but still watch them on YouTube too)

Also, Genus brewing and Fast Homebrew (hilarious and short videos) are worth watching.

Back