Favorite Brews for St. Patty's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaerous

Reaction score
A friend and I are hosting a fairly large St. Patty's Day party at a lodge near us. Guinness, Smithwicks, Bass, and other Irish/English beers are normally served, but since we've started home brewing more often we wanted to add a home brew kick to this year's events.

We're going to make at least three 5 gal batches, and so far we're staying pretty traditional - dark stout, Irish red, and an Irish ale. I'd like to add some flair to the menu by brewing something more special than the normal. I was wondering if anyone had an special Patty's brews that they enjoyed brewing for the occasion that they could share.

Thanks!

Yes. A lot. Here we go.. (first 2 are a given, others are just the majority of my other recipes)

Foreign Extra Stout (nitro)
Irish Red (nitro)

Kentucky Common
IPA
Imperial Black Ale (black IIPA basically)
Americanized Witbier

DIPA
Belgian Tripel
Imperial Smoked Porter
Creme Brule Stout

Belgian Stout
Christmas Stout (late I know, wasn't ready in time)

Also brewing up 3 different Saisons which may or may not be for the party. I'll probably just have 12 beers on tap. I'll have to see how everything turns out then decide.

Next year I plan to have my RIS as well. It will have some time to age.

I brewed the FES the other day, and the Irish Red will be mashing here in a few.

Lol, more than I expected. We're relatively new to brewing (only 5 batches brewed, all extract, and all pretty simple). Are any of those extract and have fairly simple ingredients? I don't think our local shop has a lot of variety.

I am doing two beers for the big St. Patty's party:

Green Monstah (Centennial Blonde + food coloring to make it green)
AHS Guinness Clone

I guess not that creative. But hey, St Pattys. Plus the Green IPA really didn't move quickly last year.

I am doing two beers for the big St. Patty's party:

Green Monstah (Centennial Blonde + food coloring to make it green)
AHS Guinness Clone

I guess not that creative. But hey, St Pattys. Plus the Green IPA really didn't move quickly last year.

Hey, ya like what ya like.

I, unfortunately, only have one tap so I will be having an Oatmeal Stout. I also have a Scottish Ale ready to go and I have a Foreign Extra Stout in bottles.

Lol, more than I expected. We're relatively new to brewing (only 5 batches brewed, all extract, and all pretty simple). Are any of those extract and have fairly simple ingredients? I don't think our local shop has a lot of variety.

Nah, all AG. The Irish Red could be done with extract and steeping the specialty grains. I could try converting it in BeerSmith if you want. The FES has a lot of Flaked grains.

Better get started, especially if you ain't kegging.

My Irish Whiskey Porter is 11 days old, and I still don't think it will be ready in time.

Only 7 weeks left, to buy, brew, ferment, and condition and carb a stout, might be tough.

I'll brew a stout this weekend. Ferment it for 3 weeks then force carb it. Plenty of time. Yeah Stouts can get better with age but I don't mind em young either. I won't be doing any Whiskey , coffee, chocolate craziness with mine though.

Latest posts

Back