Favorite Brewing Podcast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoedBrew

Reaction score
So, I have really been getting into the brewing podcasts especially

Basic Brewing Radio/Video and The Brewing Network I have been listening when I am in the car for like 3 months now catching up on old episodes.

1. Just want to see who people thought was a better Podcast?

2. If there are any other brewing podcasts that compete with these?

Personally, for brewing knowledge I go with Basic Brewing, I know I am going to get some good information out of each Podcast whereas the Brewing Network is more entertaining and you get some good tidbits of brew knowledge.

Thoughts?

Koed Brewing Co.

I listen to Basic Brewing Radio, the Beersmith podcast and BrewStrong pretty consistently. The other brewing network shows can have some good info, but they also have a tendency do devolve into a bunch of drunk dudes being obnoxious. BBR is probably my favorite, because of the variety of topics and the fact that James Spencer is the only beer podcaster that sounds like he's had some education in broadcasting.

Brew Strong is the show I listen to the most. They have some great information for us beer geeks.

If you're into cooking, the Home Brewed Chef, on the Brewing Network, is pretty solid. More of a food focus, but definitely brings in beer as well. It's fun to listen about ways to incorporate beer and beer ingredients into meals.

BBR is the bomb. I've been listening to James, Steve, Andy and the gang on my daily commute every week day since September, and I'm just now to the 2009 shows. I have learned an unbelievable amount from them, and also use their Brewer's Logbook, which is also awesome.

I got alot of good info from Brew Strong, the shows with Dr. Charles Bamforth are great, and the Sunday Session too, they get some good guests. It's great when they have a brewer from a brewery you like talking you through the process they use. Lots of good clone recipes too.

Bob

I love the Jamil Show. No matter how well I think I have a style down I always find a way to improve my recipe after listening.

I have only listened to a few podcasts, BBR and Jamil Show. They were both pretty good. I need to get them going in my car, because there is something about staring at a blank screen and listening to a pod cast that isn't very exciting. I actually don't think I listened to BBR, I just watched some videos. Checked out Jamils though when I wanted more info on brewing a specific style. I'll have to check out some of these others.

Personally, for brewing knowledge I go with Basic Brewing, I know I am going to get some good information out of each Podcast whereas the Brewing Network is more entertaining and you get some good tidbits of brew knowledge.

I agree with this. The Jamil show was the only TBN I regularly listen to (until I run out since they aren't making more). But I'm seeing a pattern. The first shows they tape in a session (seems they 2-3 at once) are the best. Then the next one is more rambling (as they drink more), if there is another one taped that night they are almost incoherent LOL

Never hear of Final Gravity, I'll have to look that one up as I consume the podcasts faster than they make them.

I listen to most of the BN. It grew on me as a good way to pass time at my previous job. alot of people find the sunday session obnoxious but think it's a great way to listen live, meet some other homebrewers, and blow off some steam at the end of the week.

Jamil show and brewstrong are amazing if you are looking for info on a certain style or technique. Can you brew it is also great since I dont get alot of these beers up where I live so I can try to brew something similar until I can get the real thing.

I was on the Basic Brewing Radio kick for a while but since it's prerecorded and post produced i just find it to be a bit dry. The info is great, and the log books are great though.

So I checked out Final Gravity, they were pretty good...
The most recent BBR had the Iodine experiment, which was pretty interesting, however I have never used Iodine to check for conversion. I just put it in the MT and watch the temp, at the end if it is sweet and the right color, I am happy enough.

The other non beer podcast I listen to is the survival podcast...awesome material, and he is a home brewer as well.

Back