Faulty GAS IN quick disconnect...salvageable? or just toss it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A50SNAKE

Reaction score
hello all, I couldn't figure out why I emptied a 5# and a 25# CO2 tanks, on 2 1/2 kegs...after almost giving up, I found that one of me two QD's was leaking...from the piece that goes over the ball lock connector on the keg, where you depress to release gas...so i got a new one and now, no more foamy pours :rockin: and now, I can finally continue with all my purchases to start building my BEER home brew empire!!!....but I was just wondering...is this QD salvageable? or is it just best to toss it and get another new if and when ever it is needed?

thanks in advance for all your help.

If it were me, I would spend the $10 and buy a new quick disconnect. You will spend more than this, if you cannot repair it and lose another tank of CO2. Cheers!

that is exactly what I was thinking, but I wanted to get some expert advice first, incase it was just an O ring inside the QD or something like that that i could just replace...

in my area the gas QD's are about $5 CDN...plus shipping, unless I'm near Mitchell to stop my OBK....but the CO2 is a different story...pretty sure those two tanks cost me ~$80!!! :(

thanks again for taking the time to help me out....cheers!

Back