Faucet adapter settings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer dad

Reaction score
Think I have some of the answer, wanted to check here. Finally made the jump to kegging and started out with faucet adapters to help reduce initial costs. From reading around it sounds like since it’s hooked right on to the keg, I should run at a pretty low psi for serving which makes sense.

I wanted to see what those who have run theses setups have done in regards to how you set your gas. I am wondering in addition to the serving setting what people have done when first connecting the keg? I.e do I first hook up at certain level to carbonate, then maybe drop to my serving level after a certain time and then let it stabilize(something between burst carbonation and set and forget)?

I’m thinking about this to maybe account for otherwise extended carbonation time from having it set low. Not in a rush, but if I can get it mostly there in 7-10 days that would be nice.

Here’s a link so it’s clear what I’m talking about. Thanks in advance!

https://homebrewing.org/products/keg-faucet-adaptor-assembly-ball-lock

Yes. For carb speed set higher pressure, then release to low pressure to yes and, ultimately, serve. You may need to fuss with this as you draw down the volume. If there were a version with a flow control faucet that might help.

Kegland has released these flow control connectors in Australia. I think they will be available elsewhere very shortly. They claim these provide better control and less foam than their own flow control faucets (and cost much less) because there is less thermal mass/transfer impacting the beer.

I can't vouch for any of it, but looking forward to checking them out when available in the US.

https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight...-lock-disconnect-liquid-black-yellow-pok.html

I notice that MoreBeer sells a stainless flow-cotrol disconnect that should work with their flare-to-faucet adaptor, which by itself may not work with flow-control faucets. Somewhat mixed reviews, but could solve OP's wish for a good pour at higher pressure from a directly attached faucet.

EDIT: it looks like Trongo has stepped up his game, and this all-in-one flow-control tap could be exactly what @Brewer dad wants for only $25

Thanks for all the feedback! I currently have the equipment already and a batch of beer which will Hopefully be ready to go in a keg this weekend. So I think I will give this a shot with an open mind, and maybe get the shanks/line to get properly setup sooner than originally thought depending on how it goes.

That Trongo product looks interesting! If I didn’t have the faucets or was looking to avoid drilling holes seems like a viable solution.

Back