Fastferment with a mason jar yeast harvester.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnv51

johnv51
Reaction score
I put this together a couple of months ago and have used it several times. It works well and doesn't leak.
541432-9eae5844c2b5744df31417eb0bd651cc.jpg

I replaced the original collection ball with a 1" MPT to 1.5" TC adapter. The adapter for the jar is a 1.5" to 2" concentric TC adapter. The jar ring is a base collar for a Hamilton Beach blender. It fits a standard mouth mason jar.
Here are some links:
TC to MPT adapter
1.5 to 2 TC adapter
Blender ring

Interesting! Piqued my interest because my collection ball is missing, but I can get a new one for less than your parts. I assume your aim is to have your yeast in glass and minimize transfer. I love the ingenuity and tried a few adapters to the threads on the valve to no avail.

It makes transfer and collection much easier using the TC connection. You can see fermentation activity in the jar. Also, the collection ball was more difficult to clean.

Gotcha. I never had mine, and the stock lock ring is missing as well, which only comes with the collection ball. Nice mod!

If the plastic valve gives me any problems (none so far) I'll replace it with an SS butterfly valve like the one I used on my 15 gallon inductor tank.

Back