Fan size for circulating air around outside of Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jleone84

Reaction score
Hello,
I am going to be starting to build my Keezer in a few weeks and have done a ton of research. I have decided to add 1/4in wood paneling to the side of my Keezer with a gap around the freezer of 1.5 to 2.5 in. I was going to install a small fan in one of the sides to push air through around the Keezer's outside walls. I was wondering if a small 80mm computer case fan would be enough or if I should install two or just a bigger fan. The chest freezer I am working with is 8.7cft Frigidaire model number FFFC09M1RW.

WELCOME to the MaDneSS!

If your main goal is to make sure the compressor has air movement inside the hump, I would remove the factory grill, cut slots in the paneling where the grill was mounted on the freezer. Than install the fan inside the hump behind the compressor so it pushes air toward the paneling grill you made. Wire the 80mm fan so it cycles with the compressor.

When attaching the paneling make sure you don't put screws into the outer shell of the freezer.

Back