False Bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnh2atl

Reaction score
I'm planning on doing a single tier system and I need a false bottom for my MLT. I purchased my stainless steel pots in China when I was there for work. They were under $20 for a 15 gallon pot. At any rate the inner dimensions do not lend themselves to any available false bottoms I've seen. I could do a DIY one or I wondered if I could take some silicone tubing and make a loop to fit snuggly on the bottom of the MLT. It is going to be an electric HERMS system so I don't have to worry about the direct heat. That would provide a nice big gasket around the bottom so the 15" false bottom I'd like would fit the 15 1/2" pot I have. What do you think?

A 15" false bottom in a 15.5" kettle would probably work fine. My false bottom is a bit smaller then my mash tun and no problems. I'd try it without the gasket first and see how it works.

Latest posts

Back