Fall Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa512

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So I am going to be making beer for a wedding this coming up fall. I was talking with the groom and he does not want to do a pumpkin beer for the wedding. What other fall beers could I try to make for the wedding that have a fall flavor. (I can only do ales at this time, no lagers).

Thanks for your help guys!

Not being able to do lager shoots down Oktoberfest beers. Not liking pumpkin beers seems that he wouldn't like a spiced beer possibly either. Depending on the time of fall he is getting married, what about some type of harvest beer that uses fresh hops, assuming he likes hoppy beers. You could use fresh hops in an IPA, an over hopped amber (doesn't have to be over hopped either), and/or an American brown ale which is a hoppy brown. Hope that helps. Good luck.

You could try doing an Oktoberfest using a Kolsch yeast. Seems many people have been successful with that.

Personally, I got married in late fall and we had a Black IPA on tap. We also had bottles of BMC, since we didn't think enough people would drink the BIPA. For a cold Vermont day where we got 3" of unexpected snow, the dark hoppy beer worked out perfectly.

I'd say think about the audience and probably not some huge Imp Stout or Double IPA, if you are looking to please most. Maybe an ESB or APA.

Nothing wrong with a good stand brown ale in my opinion, or a not too funky "harvest" type of saison. I'm consistently surprised how many non "beer enthusiasts" enjoy a good saison.

You could try doing an Oktoberfest using a Kolsch yeast. Seems many people have been successful with that.

Personally, I got married in late fall and we had a Black IPA on tap. We also had bottles of BMC, since we didn't think enough people would drink the BIPA. For a cold Vermont day where we got 3" of unexpected snow, the dark hoppy beer worked out perfectly.

I'd say think about the audience and probably not some huge Imp Stout or Double IPA, if you are looking to please most. Maybe an ESB or APA.

Can you elaborate on doing the Oktoberfest using a Kolsch yeast. I have never heard of being able to do that. Thanks so much!

Back