Faction Anomaly (White Stout) Clone recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebane

Reaction score
Hi all, first recipe I'm figuring out myself and first all-grain attempt (BIAB), so I want to get some feedback.

I'm trying to brew a white stout, similar to Faction's "Anomaly". Looks like a pale ale, tastes like a stout with rich coffee and chocolate flavor.

Here's what I've got so far:

5 gallon BIAB All-grain
OG: 1.070
Target efficiency: 55%

14lb Maris Otter
1lb Cara Malt
1lb Flaked Oats
1lb Flaked Barley
8oz Lactose (added at 15 minutes)
1oz Fuggle (60 minutes)
1oz Glacier (30 minutes)
8oz Whole Bean coffee (added at flame out)
4oz Cacao Nibs (added at flame out)

Yeast: Fermentis Safale S-04

What else do I need to figure out? Anything in the recipe look like a disaster? Any of you brewed a similar style and learned anything?

I put together a very similar recipe and am planning to brew it tomorrow. How did this turn out?

I have a friend who owns a brewery. When he adds coffee to his brews he adds the whole bean, directly into the secondary. I asked today and he uses cacao nibs in the same way. I have tasted his coffee beers and the result is a nice coffee flavor without adding any color.

I’ve stolen his technique with a coffee blonde and it turned out great. It had a strong coffee flavor, and tasted delicious.

Back