• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S: 20 lbs Bottle of CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mibonjr1

Reaction score
The Pepsi guy left two behind when I closed my store-front so I'm keeping one for myself. Willing to trade for equipment or for cash. The last date on the bottle is 2008 and i have no idea how much is in it.
Equipment I would like to have is a brew kettle with a thermometer, a keg, and/or a regulator.
My price is around $80/obo. I am near Des Moines, IA.

mibonjr1 said:
the pepsi guy left two behind when i closed my store-front so i'm keeping one for myself. Willing to trade for equipment or for cash. The last date on the bottle is 2008 and i have no idea how much is in it.
Equipment i would like to have is a brew kettle with a thermometer, a keg, and/or a regulator.
My price is around $80/obo. I am near des moines, ia.

image-2970915173.jpg

You'll have to empty it if you plan on shipping it anywhere (UPS, USPS, and FedEx cannot ship CO2 tanks that are not empty DOT regulation there).

Looks like a steel tank... I'd be interested if it was aluminum.

Golddiggie said:
You'll have to empty it if you plan on shipping it anywhere (UPS, USPS, and FedEx cannot ship CO2 tanks that are not empty DOT regulation there).

Looks like a steel tank... I'd be interested if it was aluminum.

Definitely a steel tank, sorry.

Do you own it free and clear? A lot of places lease bottles from Pepsi. In WI, a letter from Pepsi saying you own it (or marked somehow, not sure) is needed, otherwise the CO2 place is not allowed to fill it up. Not sure how it is in other states, but might be something worth looking into.

Ive traded out 20+ tanks from 2.5#-20#'s .. almost all of them had stickers claimin to be from a certain place and i have never oce ran across a place that refused to exchange or fill.

Uh-oh, here come the keg police. If the pepsi guy abandon'd it, most likely he didn't return the OP deposit. Seems like tit for tat for me. I would be shocked if they wouldn't refill it, assuming you have a current hydro date.

No issues in Iowa that I'm aware of with Pepsi, but thanks for the wild goose chase. The sticker would come off fairly easily, so no worries there.

PM sent have regs, kegs, two liters with metal hadles. Only 80 seems a little high.

PM sent have regs, kegs, two liters with metal hadles. Only 80 seems a little high.

True, when you can get a brand new aluminum for about $125 these days. If it was aluminum, and had a better hydro date on it (more than ~1 year left) it would be worth more. I've seen hydro test prices of up to about $35.

Golddiggie said:
True, when you can get a brand new aluminum for about $125 these days. If it was aluminum, and had a better hydro date on it (more than ~1 year left) it would be worth more. I've seen hydro test prices of up to about $35.

This item was sold.

Back