Extract to Juice Calculator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draygon

Reaction score
Ive tried looking online for this but cant seem to find something like this anywhere. I am looking to do a cherry stout here quite soon, it calls for 2oz of Cherry Extract when racking to secondary. I would like to use actual juice and not concentrate for this, can anyone assist me with this conversion? Appreciate any help in advance!!

There really isn't such a beast. I generally use fruit or puree, but 1-2 quarts of juice is about right. Mix in a quart and check the flavor.

Careful, you may get too much wine-like taste when you use juice. I know from my blueberry stout disaster. I really recommend using purée.

Thanks for the responses! Hmm might be hard to find Cherry Puree this time of year, and since I cant find Cherry's in the store I cant make it myself.

I have found that using the extract, at least for me, I can taste a "chemical" taste and in beers that use the real thing..I cant taste that. So Im kind of stuck right now as to whether to just go with the extract or waiting/seeing if I can find some cherry puree.

Thank you for the response, and thanks for the links Gratus.

How much puree would I need for a 5 gal batch? As I said its only 2 oz of extract, still not sure how much Id need to put in to the secondary.

Back