Extract Ale Recipe Ideas for May in Florida?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJinJacksonville

Reaction score
I am trying to put together a couple of brews for my wife's 40th birthday party that we're hosting at our house. I have a brown ale fermenting that I plan to offer...to which I may add coconut in secondary for a twist...but just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas of a good, refreshing May-in-Florida type ale to offer to guests.

If anyone has any thoughts, suggestions or recipes, I would love to entertain them. Maybe a saison? Thanks in advance.

I'm working on a recipe for a nice, refreshing witbier to brew up for the summer right now. My wife likes the style as she's not a big hop fan, and I think all of our friends will appreciate something cool and refreshing to drink during the unbearable FL summer. Most of the recipes seem pretty simple and easy to tweak (I'm looking at doing an all-grain version with some Rye to add a little spice to it).

The first wit I brewed was an extract kit from Midwest Supplies that turned out well, so I can recommend one of their recipes for sure.

I made one of the witbiers from the kit and it turned out really well. Not a bad idea. Now that I have a few more brew days under my belt, I will probably tweak it a bit to my liking.

Back