Ever seen a UFO?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ever seen a UFO?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are you guys honestly saying that you've been able to positively identify everything you've ever seen flying in the sky?

I see UFO's quite frequently. I have not, however, ever seen anything that I would ever imagine to be an alien spacecraft or anything ridiculous like that. Usually, I just can't tell whether it's a jet or a passenger plane or a helicopter. But who knows? When it's dark, it's hard to tell.

So I have definitely seen things flying that I was unable to identify.

Once though, when I was working on my private pilot's license, I saw a Piper Cub zip by less than 50 yards from my wing tip. That object was definitely identifiable!!!!

I've never seen a UFO but like others...it wouldn't REALLY suprise me.

Once in high school I was at one of those hick parties out in the middle of some field in Dripping Springs (how did I end up at so many of those??). I had had quite a few that night when all of a sudden there was a green flash across the horizon. We all kinda freaked out and had no idea what it was. Because it was such a small town and bc news travels quick someone found out the next day that it was a transformer that blew up....still it freaked me out when I saw it!

I do a lot of amateur astronomy so most things in the night sky are easily explainable to me, but on one particular evening I saw a meteor that took turns that are just not possible. I have seen many meteor's fragment and shoot off in strange angles, but this one was just not possible. Was it a space craft? I doubt it. Was it something that I had never seen or could identify? Yes.

Have I seen a UFO, as in an Unidentified Flying Object? Yes. I have. I am not claiming to have seen a spacecraft, or aliens or anything of the sort, but yes I saw something I have no way to identify.

What I saw looked like a star. An incredibly, incredibly bright star. In the sky, it was probably about 3-5 times as big as your typical star, and lit up the sky about as much as a half moon. It was way too big and bright to be any sort of commercial plane and I cant imagine it was any sort of military craft. I also dont believe that it was any kind of meteor or anything like that because it was motionless in the sky.

I saw it when i was walking out on to my driveway to smoke a cigarette. I walked out of my backdoor, and around the house. As I was walking around the house, I noticed how bright it was, and when I walked out onto the driveway, I looked up, expecting to see a mostly full moon or something. That was when I saw this slightly larger than a star, very bright, motionless object in the sky. I continued walking, staring at this object until it had gone behind a big tree in my neighbors yard. I continued walking past the tree and it was gone. Nowhere to be found. And it was now pitch black outside.

Again, not saying it was an alien, or flying saucer or anything like that, but definitely unidentifiable by me.

Unidentified Flying Object? Frequently

UFO == little green/gray men/women/slugs No

I have had the experience where a glory looks like a little gray man. But that's just the way your shadow hits the fog. Had two large grey(hound) glories, as well.

yes, and i don't know what the hell it was (hence: Unidentified Flying Object) and probably never will.

it sure wasn't a plane or helicopter i've ever seen before but it was definitely a metallic aircraft.

gov't testing, aliens, whatever...it was a pretty cool experience.

When I was, oh, maybe 10-12 years old, my friends and I were looking up at the sky one night and we saw what I would describe as an "array" of red lights moving across the sky. They were arranged in a huge "V" like the pins in bowling. The array was much, much larger than any plane or any other kind of aircraft I have ever seen. It moved slowly across. The lights must have been hooked together somehow, because they were too perfectly arranged and spaced apart to be flying "in formation" with each other. I have often wondered what we saw. I have never seen anything even remotely like it, before or since then.

Only once, and it was early in the morning when I was on my way to school about 30 years ago. I was freaked out for a few months, but finally got over it.

TxBrew said:
Ever seen one?

Why did you see this one?

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jan 14, 6:37 PM ET

In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people — including a pilot, county constable and business owners — insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Dublin home. But he decided to come forward after reading similar accounts in the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.

"You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."

Sorrells said he has seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.

Maj. Karl Lewis, a spokesman for the 301st Fighter Wing at the Joint Reserve Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth, said no F-16s or other aircraft from his base were in the area the night of Jan. 8, when most people reported the sighting.

Lewis said the object may have been an illusion caused by two commercial airplanes. Lights from the aircraft would seem unusually bright and may appear orange from the setting sun.

"I'm 90 percent sure this was an airliner," Lewis said. "With the sun's angle, it can play tricks on you."

Officials at the region's two Air Force bases — Dyess in Abilene and Sheppard in Wichita Falls — also said none of their aircraft were in the area last week. The Air Force no longer investigates UFOs.

One man has offered a reward for a photograph or videotape of the mysterious object.

About 200 UFO sightings are reported each month, mostly in California, Colorado and Texas, according to the Mutual UFO Network, which plans to go to the 17,000-resident town of Stephenville to investigate.

Fourteen percent of Americans polled last year by The Associated Press and Ipsos say they have seen a UFO.

Erath County Constable Lee Roy Gaitan said that he first saw red glowing lights and then white flashing lights moving fast, but that even with binoculars could not see the object to which the lights were attached.

"I didn't see a flying saucer and I don't know what it was, but it wasn't an airplane, and I've never seen anything like it," Gaitan said. "I think it must be some kind of military craft — at least I hope it was."

SuperiorBrew said:
"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times,"

Such pessimists. Maybe the aliens will come to Earth and teach us how to behave :)

Once when I was a kid, it was nighttime at school and I was running around outside in the playground with all the other kids while the adults were inside for a PTA meeting or open house or something like that.

Anyway, we saw two small orange balls that appeared to be about the size of maybe a softball and only I would guess maybe no more than 20-30 feet above the ground. All the kids saw it. That was really a long time ago and I was only a little kid, but what I remember of it was that the balls were not very big and that they seemed low enough to the ground to be just out of reach. Also, they moved very slowly - slowly enough that all the kids could run along and look up and wonder what the hell we were looking at. Also, the way the two balls moved they were always the same distance apart which gave the impression that they were attached to each other somehow even though we couldn't see any sort of material in between them, and the balls also moved in very straight lines so that when we looked at them and followed them as they moved, it gave the impression that they might have been moving along on a wire even though there wasn't any wire that anyone could see.

As I remember it, whatever it was was seen by about 50 kids, and about half of the kids were scared of it and stayed away, and the other half of the kids followed along right underneath it looking up and wondering what we were looking at. We watched it for 2-3 minutes before it got too far away to continue to follow.

Whatever it was that we saw, it was way too small for any kind of airplane or satelite, and it wasn't shaped like a UFO/saucer or anything, but the straight lines the object followed made me think it might have been mechanical instead of natural like a meteor or ball lightening, maybe a ballon on the wind, something like that. If I was going to try and fake something that looked like what we saw, I would get a couple of balls about as big as a softball, install some lights in them so that they glowed bright orange, and then I'd suspend them on a wire 30 feet off the ground so that the wire couldn't be seen at night, but so that someone could pull on the ends of the wires and make them move in a straight line.

Ever since then, I've had thoughts about what it was we saw, and I'm a pretty skeptical person, I don't believe in aliens or spaceships or anything, but I still can't really explain what we saw that night.

I've only seen the ones produced by Harpoon.

Seriously though, while I think it's likely that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the Universe, the sheer physics involved make it highly unlikely that any alien civilizations will come and visit us; plus, we're a cosmic backwater here in the Milky Way.

In '03 I was working outside with my Canadian customer when he points up and asks whats that. It was orange in color, perfect square shaped with a crease down the middle giving two points about a 30* angle towards the ground. The crease was parallel to the direction of travel.
No sound as it moved west to east at an extremely slow speed. Altitude was maybe 3-4 hundred feet. I estimate it was 10' to a side. Almost like a balloon except that it was flat as far as I could tell. We watched it for about 3-4 minutes until it disappeared from sight. My Canadian customer took pics of it with his 35mm camera but never did send me copies and I never heard from him after that.
AP

SuperiorBrew said:
"You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."

LOL, oh no dude...you're crazy, alright. :cross:

Your results are currently within the margin of error of a nationally representative poll taken at the end of october 07. Apparently 14% of Americans report that they have personally seen a UFO and 35% report that they believe UFOs exist.

My favorite quote from around that time is by Dennis Kucinich "More people in this country have seen UFOs than I think approve of George Bush's presidency." - October 30 2007.

Unfortunately for Mr. Kucinich president Bush beats the aliens by 16%, if he had said more people believe in UFO's than approve of Bush's presidency he would have been correct.

I have been thinking of getting one just because they are so stylish.

THE THOUGHT SCREEN HELMET STOPS ALIENS FROM ABDUCTING HUMANS.
2564869390101759406S425x425Q85.jpg

NEW DIRECTIONS FOR 2008

1. Prepare for a fight

Aliens will try to stop you from wearing the helmet both mentally and physically. Remember that they can read your mind. Before you make one they may try to influence you that you don’t need one. Once you start wearing a helmet they may harass you or perhaps threaten to kill a pet in retaliation. They are good at manipulating your spouse to have a conflict with you about wearing the helmet. If you forget to wear it one time they may physically hurt you. They have done these things to a minority of abductees wearing helmets. Most abductees report complete success with the helmet when they wear it as much as they can.

2. Have a locked cabinet

Aliens have taken ten helmets from abductees and several Velostat lined baseball caps. If you are not wearing a hat they will go through your entire house looking for them. They will not, however, go into a locked cabinet. Before you make a helmet have some kind of cabinet or trunk that you can lock. That way they won’t take it.

3. Make the helmet quickly

You may experience telepathic resistance from the aliens when you try to make the hat. Expect it. You must make the hat as quickly as possible so you are not overcome by them.

4. Secure the helmet with tape or string

Almost any kind of tape or string wrapped around the helmet several times will prevent aliens from removing the helmet if they manage to get close to you.

5. Make small holes in top for hot climates

If the temperature is over 80 degrees F and the helmet is hot to wear, use an awl or similar tool and punch some small holes in the top of the helmet.

6. Where the helmet as often as possible

Once you make a thought screen helmet you must wear it as frequently as possible. The aliens know when you are not wearing it and will take you at that time. Abductees are taken when they are driving cars. They even take children without helmets when they are in school. There are documented cases of children abductees missing during school hours.

You can also put eight sheets of Velostat into baseball cap or other hat to wear during the day which is less conspicuous then a leather hat. See Aliensandchildren.org for different types of thought screen hats.

Some abductees have worn their thought screen helmets and hats almost 24 hours a day, seven days a week for more than nine years.

Grounding Directions

Several abductees report that the buzzing sound they hear when wearing the helmet can be completely alleviated through the use of proper grounding. They used a double ground, securing the ground to the Velostat in the helmet with thick aluminum foil then connecting the two insulated grounding wires to standard grounding rods which are available from electronics supply stores.

Once the helmets were properly grounded and the ground wires were insulated from touching any part of a house with rubber insulation, all of the buzzing noise heard by the abductees ceased. The abductees using grounds sleep wearing their thought screen helmets.

Please note that only some abductees report a buzzing sound while wearing the helmet. Others report no sound and all and complete success with the helmet.

Contact this website for more information on grounding a thought screen helmet.

Sir Humpsalot said:
Once though, when I was working on my private pilot's license, I saw a Piper Cub zip by less than 50 yards from my wing tip. That object was definitely identifiable!!!!

A Piper Cub zip by? Now that I have never seen.:D

When I was in my mid twenties, working outside, me and another guy watched a bright orb travel at a fairly slow speed - seeming to follow electrical lines. It came to a complete stop for several minutes and then went straight up, at a fantastic speed, until we couldn't see it anymore.

When we noticed it, we thought it was strange, but didn't think much of it until it stopped and hovered. When it took off, we were pretty stunned. We kept asking each other, "you see this too, right?"

Pretty amazing. I've never heard of anything that could move like that outside of UFO shows. Funny thing is, sightings of orbs are most often seen near electrical lines.

rdwj - probably ball lightning. Basically a stable plasma of ionized air. I've seen it a couple times & it does tend to follow electrical lines. Since it weighs almost nothing, it can be batted around by the wind and demonstrate some amazing accelerations and directional changes. Ball lightning has been created in laboratories, but only small ones.

Note:

I really doubt aluminum foil helmets help much. After all, your face is wide open and even if you use a mesh to protect it, that doesn't stop the the signals from being conducted up your spine. The only good solution is to put your head inside a large biscuit tin. Unfortunately, this process seriously impairs the hand/eye coordination, as the first step requires removing your head from your neck. Unless you have a Very Large Biscuit Tin.

Me and my roommates talk about this often...personally even if I did see one I wouldn't tell anyone.

No one would believe you anyways, plus I wouldn't want to be committed. :cross:

I was out catfishing one night north of the city where i live, so there was less light pollution. while staring up at the sky a bright light appeared suddenly. it was quite a bit brighter than a star and remained motionless for 2-3 minutes. After that I actually saw it blink out. it didn't move at all, just went out. VERY strange. do I think it was the aliens? I dunno. but it was technically a UFO. at least a unidentified floating object. or something.

I would love to see something really strange though. I find that **** fascinating.

No I haven't but my wife calls me UFO all the time (Unbelievable Farting Object). :D

Back