Ever feel uncomfortable besting your favorite beer with your homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come to think of it, looking at the duration it's about 6 posts a day - not much for an active user. I suppose you could also make fun of Revvy.

Rev.

You could try, but he's poised and ready to control + v just about anything. ;)

And as for the hefe that beats franzinzkznaner, how about you post the recipe? i'm still trying to nail down a final recipe for my first hefe and that's the only hefe that i've really loved.

To answer the OP: No, because I never have. No offense, but probably same with you.

None taken. I guess I should've stated several times instead of once that it's solely my opinion. I in no way meant to say that everyone, or anyone for that matter, would agree with me. This is purely my subjective opinion. I also agree that entering it into a competition would probably lend to criticisms that I haven't noticed, of course, I would expect that. Again, not saying I've got award winning beer here by any means whatsoever. I just find I like the taste better. Maybe I shouldn't have used the simple term "bested". I can see how many would misinterpret my point.

Rev.

The day I am able to brew a beer better than Two Brothers' Cane & Ebel, or Founders' Red's Rye, you will hear it in Bayonne, NJ.

The day I am able to brew a beer better than Two Brothers' Cane & Ebel, or Founders' Red's Rye, you will hear it in Bayonne, NJ.

:mug: I think one of the key things here though is hefeweizen's are relatively simple beers. And in regard to the Amber I only had two as my favorites, I'm in nooo way very experienced with the various amber's out there so my palate is quite narrow there.

Kinda why I mentioned Ommegang. They have such complex and amazing brews. I wouldn't even dream of the day I can come anywhere 1/10th as close. So I guess the issue here could be simplicity in the style. Plus, Revvy makes an excellent point about freshness. I'm pretty sure tasting the beer right inside the brewery is still more amazing than after it's went to distributors and such even within the closest of cities.

Rev.

Here are two pics of the beer, just figured I'd share:

2011-03-26_12-23-51_715.jpg

2011-03-26_13-23-43_155.jpg

for some reasons I almost always like my own brews better than stuff I buy. with a few exceptions where I'm like "I actually brewed that horse piss?"

I have definitely brewed some bad beers but I tend to prefer my homebrew to any commercial beers. Not sure if just because I brewed it I am willing to overlook the problems or what but I would prefer one of my beers over commercial beers 90% of the time.

Latest posts

Back