Even More Obnoxious US Women's Soccer Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The harsh reality of the women's World Cup being held in NZ is the organizers are clearly not scheduling games with any sympathy for home audiences. USA vs Portugal will take the pitch at 3 AM EDT in a game that could end the USA or have them advance.

No way I'll be awake. I've set the DVR and will strive to avoid the outcome in the morning so I can enjoy the contest at my leisure.

Cheers! (fingers crossed)

The Ladies need to kick it up a notch. That was a bit depressing.

After watching the games against Viet Nam and the Netherlands not too surprising they couldnt score against Portugal.

I had the game on the DVR and it wasn't long before I was using the skip function.
They are so disjointed and frankly uninspiring I have to believe the coach just isn't up to the job...

It's not weird to post ^that^ at all.

:rolleyes:

Anyway...another one for the DVR (or youtube replay, I guess) coming up with USNWT v Sweden at 5 fricken' AM EDT Sunday, ffs...

Cheers!

Unfortunately they did not live up to the hype. Definately had the talent but didn't have the passion.

With the rest of the womens football world "catching up" with talent the US team has to improve as well.

I hope this is a :wake up" moment for them.

Unfortunately they did not live up to the hype.
That's more of a problem with the hype than the team.

Lots of teams have "golden generations" that grow up together, grow old together, and then need replacing. That's the norm - the kind of dominance that the US has had spanning multiple generations is very rare. And let's not forget, this was the margin against the world #2 team, with Zećira Mušović playing the game of her life in goal :
1691324596578.png

There's no shame in that.

They were probably more focused on coming out than playing soccer. Just saying....

They were probably more focused on coming out than playing soccer. Just saying....
Probably...you don't know what you're talking about.

That's just an insult to their professionalism and to the Swedes, Mušović in particular.

The USA team had outplayed Sweden right up to the last penalty, as mentioned their goalie played out of her mind. USA had a chance to win the shootout - it was there for the taking - but skied the try, then clanged a post on their next go to set up the eventual loss. Tough way to check out of the tournament...

Cheers!

Loss totally on the coach. Rapinoe is a has been and played like it several games. Wrong sub made on nostalgia not merit. I don’t care for her politics but no denying at one point she was good. Just not anymore.

First, let me state i have the utmost respect for these women. They are a dedicated talented group and i believe still the best in their sport. (They dont always get the respect they deserve.) I love to watch them as they typically have great ball control and quick clean handlng. AND I apologize if i sounded too critical in my recent post.

I agree with the fact that the "hype" over promised. And yes a problem not of the teams making. (More mine i guess)

As mentioned above, the team has the talent. I really wanted to see them control the middle of the pitch a bit better and finish their attacks sronger.

The US was not necessarily outplayed, however they didnt perform as i would have expected this whole tournament. (Yes a bit better this last game.) I felt they just played to a level that was not up to their capability based upon their performance in a number of matches i watched in the qualification run up and was a bit disapointed. More for them than anyone else.

On another note, judging by the way Japan has been playing, if they keep it up neither Sweden or US would have much of a chance in the next game.

Timezone's a bit friendlier for you than the US....

The main talking point here has been the fact that a lot of pub licences don't allow them to serve alcohol until noon, but kickoff was 11am UK time. The dilemmas of morning drinking...

For the Rugby world cup we generally change the licensing laws to allow boozing at inappropriate hours.
Oh, we're normally very on it for men's sport, it's a combination of it being the women, and also if we'd been in the first semi then there would have been time for pubs to apply for a variation once the result was known but being a day later that didn't work. And I think just generally it's taken people aback a bit how much interest there has been, although they should have got an idea based on the Euro finals last time.

Anyway, stupid sport, can see why the USians weren't interested...

I'm reminded of my school days when the rugby 1st 15 had a special emblem on their school jerseys. And then the cricket team. And then the netball Girls decided they could put it on their jerseys too. And then we all laughed at the 1st 15.

I thought you could tell a kiwi rugby player by the necklace they wear - a choker?

Back