Eva dry e500 trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle83

Reaction score
I bought a eva dry e500 off amazon several months ago and tossed it in my keezer. Well the beads are pink and I need to plug it up to dry them. Only problem is the 2 metal prongs are too big to fit into a standard outlet. I've tried several different outlets. Even tried forcing it into an extension cord with no luck.

Anyone else had this problem? I've searched but can't find anything other than people complaining that it's too heavy to stay in the outlet, but it seems to fit in the outlet for everyone else.

I've thought about trying to file the prongs on the eva dry down a little so it will fit. Anyone see a problem with this idea, or have a better solution? Doubt I can send it back since I've had it at least 3 or 4 months.

Take it to the hardware store, and see if it fits in any extension cords? I can tell you that mine plugs into the wall just fine :shrug:

I bought a eva dry e500 off amazon several months ago and tossed it in my keezer. Well the beads are pink and I need to plug it up to dry them. Only problem is the 2 metal prongs are too big to fit into a standard outlet. I've tried several different outlets. Even tried forcing it into an extension cord with no luck.

Anyone else had this problem? I've searched but can't find anything other than people complaining that it's too heavy to stay in the outlet, but it seems to fit in the outlet for everyone else.

I've thought about trying to file the prongs on the eva dry down a little so it will fit. Anyone see a problem with this idea, or have a better solution? Doubt I can send it back since I've had it at least 3 or 4 months.

Guessing you have the old outlets that were both the "smaller size" instead of one small, one larger. You can replace the outlet for about $1.50. Plug a set of xmas lights or a lamp into it, then go turn off breakers until the light goes out, then replace it. Should just be 2 wires if it's not on a switch.

Guessing you have the old outlets that were both the "smaller size" instead of one small, one larger. You can replace the outlet for about $1.50. Plug a set of xmas lights or a lamp into it, then go turn off breakers until the light goes out, then replace it. Should just be 2 wires if it's not on a switch.

Actually my house was built in 2005. I have the one larger one smaller outlets. The Eva Dry looks like it has 2 large prongs. I compared it the the outlet on some kitchen appliances it is definetely larger than the standard prongs. Really strange...

Actually my house was built in 2005. I have the one larger one smaller outlets. The Eva Dry looks like it has 2 large prongs. I compared it the the outlet on some kitchen appliances it is definetely larger than the standard prongs. Really strange...

That's odd...as mentioned, perhaps some converter or extension cord, though most I've seen have one large, one small slot.

Back