EVA barrier gas line length

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy_ute

Reaction score
Does anyone know the pressure loss for the EVA barrier tubing for the gas side? I'm looking at running some of the 4mm about 30 feet. Will I need to run a larger line to another regulator? or will the loss be negligible?

If all you're doing is charging kegs for dispensing I think you'd be fine. There's enough pressure in the head space to dispense so you're not dependent on rate of gas flow - at least for a couple of pours.

That said, I did opt for the 5mm ID EVABarrier for my gas systems, but that was because I had stemmed regulators and it was a bit easier to get the wider ID lines over the barbs. I think my longest run is 12 feet from reg to manifold then another 4 feet for the drops. No issues, but obviously that's half the run you're looking at.

Perhaps our resident gas physics wizard @doug293cz will check in with his opinion :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Does anyone know the pressure loss for the EVA barrier tubing for the gas side? I'm looking at running some of the 4mm about 30 feet. Will I need to run a larger line to another regulator? or will the loss be negligible?
If all you're doing is charging kegs for dispensing I think you'd be find. There's enough pressure in the head space to dispense so you're not dependent on rate of gas flow - at least for a couple of pours.

That said, I did opt for the 5mm ID EVABarrier for my gas systems, but that was because I had stemmed regulators and it was a bit easier to get the wider ID lines over the barbs. I think my longest run is 12 feet from reg to manifold then another 4 feet for the drops. No issues, but obviously that's half the run you're looking at.

Perhaps our resident gas physics wizard @doug293cz will check in with his opinion :)

Cheers!
No, you don't need to run larger diameter gas tubing, unless you are running a commercial tap room that is continuously pouring.

Pressure drop only occurs when gas is flowing. Since a tap is closed most of the time, you won't be needing to backfill CO2 with continuous flow.

Brew on :mug:

I have both, with the 4mm for liquid and 5mm for gas. They have the same OD, so the 5mm is thinner and bends easier, so if you have any sections with a lot of close bends, the 5mm is easier to work with. Plus it's easier to get over barbs.

Back