Erlenmeyer Flasks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered the four pack (have to share with some brew buddies) of 3000 ml flasks and the total after $15 shipping was $41! Unreal deal!! Big thanks to the OP! If you want the 3000 ml ones instead of the 5000 ml linked in the first post, just paste the product code into the search on the website and change the 5000 part to 3000...Based on the last few posts it looks like shipping charges for two are the same as four in case you want to spread the bargain around a bit.

I also just ordered a 5L and 3L with shipping being $15. Both now on back order but who cares, great deal! I'm sure this place is going nuts trying to figure out why theres such a run on erlenmeyer flasks!! Lol

I'm sure they are wondering what the hello happened!!! I was about to order four 5000ml from Midwest Supplies and wasn't happy with the cost so I googled the model of the flask instead of the type (fg4980). All kinds of scientific supply sites popped up including the one we are discussing... I'm sure they'll catch on sooner or later and up the price... Until then I have four 3000ml and four 5000ml heading my way (2 weeks or so backorder is ok with me for the grand total of $110 for all eight shipped!!!)

What part number are you using for the 3000ml flask?

FWIW, I emailed the company and double checked the heat rating on the 5000ml flask. They checked with the manufacturer and it is rated up to 515 Celcius but should be gradually cooled, not straight into an ice bath.

EDIT The 3000ml is FG4980-3000 I just ordered a 5000 and 3000 for $21.96. Shipping sounds reasonable. Sweet deal! Thanks Fred!

They're asking for a PO number and company...what the f?

Edit-yeah, jumped the gun on my freakout there for a minute...all figured out now:)

Thanks for sharing! Ordered one 5000ml flask...all I need!

No page encryption so your credit card numbers are going over the net in plain text. Not ideal. watch your credit cards for fraud.

No page encryption so your credit card numbers are going over the net in plain text. Not ideal. watch your credit cards for fraud.

True. Its equivalent to handing a 16 year old waiter my Visa Platinum card for 10 minutes while they ring up dinner out of my view with full access to the number, exp date AND the CCID... I'm glad I have zero liability cards... And it was nice to buy $190.00 worth of glassware for $67.00...

Just ordered 2 of the 3000ml - thanks to the OP!

EDIT: Ended up at about $31 after shipping - charged $15 for that. Seems a little steep especially since it's NE to MN, but I'm not complaining, still a great deal!

$15 seems to be their standard shipping for ANY order... No complaints here on that one... I'm tempted to order 100 5000ml flasks and resell on Ebay at double what they charge... LOL - it would still be a sweet deal...

Is anyone else worried about this "Please be aware that Midland Scientific ships out items as they become available. This may result in multiple shipment charges on a single order."?

$15 per item would still make these a good deal but not as good as $15 shipping for 2 or more.

FredTheNuke said:
$15 seems to be their standard shipping for ANY order... No complaints here on that one... I'm tempted to order 100 5000ml flasks and resell on Ebay at double what they charge... LOL - it would still be a sweet deal...

I ordered one flask and the shipping charge is $10.

How long after ordering these did you get your final invoice with shipping? I ordered on Tuesday and immediately received an order confirmation but have received nothing since.

Backorder on 3L and 5L was listed at 2 weeks... At that price I'm game for waiting....

I hear you there. $20.76 for a 3L and 5L. $15 shipping and I have to wait awhile. Who cares? It's a great price even with the shipping. Got to admit, I already have a 2L flask. The additional two are just showing off! But I'm sure they will have their purpose at times.

Those who ordered may be fine but looks like item is no longer listed on thier web site. Poooo.. Just when the registration went legit.

Yeah, I too got in too late.

If anyone ordered an extra 3000ml and/or 5000ml flask, and would be interested in shipping them to me for a couple dollars profit, PM me!

I just got an email from Midland that they "no longer have access to the 3000ml and 5000ml United Scientific flasks" and they cancelled my order. I had placed this order back on 5/7.

MichaelBrock said:
I just got an email from Midland that they "no longer have access to the 3000ml and 5000ml United Scientific flasks" and they cancelled my order. I had placed this order back on 5/7.

Damn really? This thread was made on the 7th. I ordered mine on the 8th...

That's too bad for the people that didnt get them. I have a feeling they will bring back "different" 3000/5000ml flasks soon with higher prices expecting to continue to sell as much as they did those couple days.

I got a shipping notification for mine, order placed 5/8. But on the website i only see expensive/brand name units, ~$65 for 4000ml, no 5000ml, and ~$125 for 6000ml.

Back