Equipment suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhawkbrew

Reaction score
I'm a basic AG brewer, 48 quart cooler with SS braid and 10 gallon aluminum stock pot. I have an IC and a 5 cubic foot chest freezer for a fermentation chamber with an ebay temp controller. I'm looking to add something to the "brewery" but don't know what. Any suggestions?

One of the things that helped me out early on was a pump.. it was nice not to have to lift the mash tun, or buckets of water.

After that, a brew stand to connect the pump to was nice too :)

Kegging setup if you don't already have on. Otherwise a mill is great. A mill will pay for itself, at my local shop a sack of grain (50 or 55lb not sure) is about $40, 10lbs is $12...so about 20 per sack saved, and I go through about 2 sacks a year...new mill paid for in 2 years

Group buys make grain even cheaper. I get 55lbs of 2-row for about $20. That's about 36¢ per pound. A mill really does pay for itself in no time, and you also get the benefit of crushing grain precisely the way you want it.

Latest posts

Back