Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, have to give credit to TB for a solid 3rd period come-back to make it as close as a defensemen's slide across the crease to save the win for NYI.
Good game!

Varley must be living right. That should have been a tie game going into overtime. Great game though.
Going to go seven?

VGK wins in OT and another series becomes a best of three!
Have to say this is the closest array of playoff games I can remember - and I was listening to Original Six games using a pillow speaker as an 8 year old :D

Cheers!

All even now. The cup is just sitting there, waiting for the one team that deserves it. As sphincters are beginning to tighten, time and opportunity will start to run out, and we will see who will earn it.
Its getting fun.

Go Bolts! I’m there :)
1624320191870.jpeg

So, TB came out of the chute like a quarter horse on a barrel slalom and is up a goal already.
Islanders better get their excrement together in a hurry or this series is done tonight.

Cheers! (Umm...Ok, that actually sounded more profound in my head. sorry ;))

Another game, another OT to be played :)
I have to say I thought Montreal should have won this game outright.
If the 'Knights can grab this win they likely gain the big "Mo" as well...

Cheers!

[edit] Welp, that's not going to be a problem.
I had no idea the Canadiens hadn't been in a Cup Final in 28 years!

[edit2] I am loving seeing the fans inside and outside of the arena having a celebration!
Good for them - it's been a tough year in Canada, Covid-wise - they could use some fun for a change...

Last edited:
Sorry to steal the idea from Ohrumphf, but it just fit. Congrats to Montreal in particular, and Canada in general. Should be a great series. However tonight works out it will be with two teams that finished 3rd, and fourth in their respective divisions. I for one did not see this outcome.

1624657349186.png

Great series, great game. Tampa controlled the ice and I'm sure they will do well in the finals. Congratulations!
I wish the Isles had won, but they have nothing to be ashamed of. They were underdogs in every game of every series and lost game 7 by a goal to the reigning champs. And the last game in the old Coliseum was a come from behind overtime playoff win.

Great series, great game. Tampa controlled the ice and I'm sure they will do well in the finals. Congratulations!
I wish the Isles had won, but they have nothing to be ashamed of. They were underdogs in every game of every series and lost game 7 by a goal to the reigning champs. And the last game in the old Coliseum was a come from behind overtime playoff win.

Yes, that was a pretty sweet win for the Isles. Good luck with your new rink. See you next year ;)

It was a bit chippy. A taste of some old time hockey. Its not the finals without some blood on the ice.

Montreal needs the next two or three, or this series is over. We may not get seven games this time.

they need next 4...
Might have to get this Cup dusted and done ricky-tick, or the Bolts may have to wait out Elsa to get home. Not lookin' good for the Canadians.

Obviously Canada and Northern tier states have a tradition in hockey. I've been to the old Boston Garden to see the Bruins back in the day. I thought it was a bad joke when Tampa got an NHL franchise. No more!

Back