Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow! Marchand snipes another OT win for the Bruins - when things were actually looking rather bleak.
Tuukka kept them in the game long enough for a miracle to happen! :ban:

Wow the Lightning pulled it off. In the second period they looked flat and tired and were getting dominated and scored on. Then someone flipped a switch and what a turn around. Gotta hand it to them, they never give up! Go Bolts!

John

Wow the Lightning pulled it off. In the second period they looked flat and tired and were getting dominated and scored on. Then someone flipped a switch and what a turn around. Gotta hand it to them, they never give up! Go Bolts!

John

Two games there: everything before 10 min into period 2, and everything after. Funny, I only turned it on for that second part. Woot!

Pasta is minty fresh and ready to rock :D

1623100958938.png

Bruins clanging iron and missing wide open nets way too often in this game to come out on top.
Almost 3x the shots on goal and still lose? They'll have to do better than that to even up and maybe win this series...

So I hven't had a chance to watch any of the games, but being in Boston all I hear is that the officiating is costing the B's these games. Forget allowing PP goals, blowing opportunities etc.
I did look up a couple articles out of NYC, and they said |(if they mentioned it at all) that it was fine.
Is anyone out there independent of this series that's watched it and can comment?
Obviously we as fans / viewers can see more than the zebras on ice, espeically with the benefit of instant replay. But it the officiation / the calls really that biased towards the Islanders, or is it another case of whiny B's fans?
(Yes, I live in the Boston area but I'm not specifically a B's fan - just a fan of the game, with no specific team I root for.)

So I hven't had a chance to watch any of the games, but being in Boston all I hear is that the officiating is costing the B's these games. Forget allowing PP goals, blowing opportunities etc.
I did look up a couple articles out of NYC, and they said |(if they mentioned it at all) that it was fine.
Is anyone out there independent of this series that's watched it and can comment?
Obviously we as fans / viewers can see more than the zebras on ice, espeically with the benefit of instant replay. But it the officiation / the calls really that biased towards the Islanders, or is it another case of whiny B's fans?
(Yes, I live in the Boston area but I'm not specifically a B's fan - just a fan of the game, with no specific team I root for.)

No idea on the bruins/islanders series. But I do follow the Tampa Bay games and outcomes on another forum (HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League) and I can tell you that the fans of losing teams to the Lightning ALWAYS complain about officiating. It's mostly "whataboutism" complaints, where they think the lightning are getting away with offenses that their team gets call on. To me it's just whiney.

Blame should go to the breakdown of defense. It seems like a lot of the Isles goals are from people who snuck behind the D and were completely alone. Not to take away from the Isles, they were pinned in their own end for long stretches only to bring it back and score, it was pretty impressive. Oh and their goalie was fantastic for them, best player on the ice.

I think the refs are doing as good as can be expected, at the least not biased one way or the other. Being a fan of the Bruins it also comes across as whiny, and it is embarrassing to hear after every loss.

I also think it cuts both ways. As an Islanders fan, I see calls against the Isles for marginal offenses, and missed calls for Bruins offenses. But I realize that like lucky goals, each fan sees it from his view.

I think officiating as a whole is getting worse and worse with non call, and blatant violations being overlooked by some teams yet called on there opponents in the same game.

I believe there should be an official “officials review board” to impose fines/penalties on officials missing blantent violations or badly called non penalties. And if such a board exists they need to do a better job.

I think officiating as a whole is getting worse and worse with non call, and blatant violations being overlooked by some teams yet called on there opponents in the same game.

I believe there should be an official “officials review board” to impose fines/penalties on officials missing blantent violations or badly called non penalties. And if such a board exists they need to do a better job.
I know there is a review process for baseball umps, and I believe NFL officials. Why there isn't for every sport |I don't get.
But, that said, hockey is such a fast sport, even with 3 refs, they can't see everything all the time.

I understand they can’t be everywhere. I’m more referring to the blatant right in front of them violations. The ones you stare at wondering how was that not a penalty. Then someone else will do the same thing later on and it’s called. There just seems to be No consistency in what they’re calling or letting slide. And I’m not even talking about tit for tat penalties. Oh I called one on this team so the next one goes to the other. Keeping things “balanced”

Ugh. Tough game to watch tonight but there's no doubt the Islanders were the better team and deserve to move on.
Here's hoping they win the Cup :mug:

Spoken like a gentleman and a good sport.
I was impressed every game how well the Bruins passed and blocked passes. They are a great team and I salute them.

Congrads to the Golden Knights, who beat my Avs. They are playing playoff level hockey, and my guys were not, so it is as it should be, I guess.

Go Montreal!

I agree we (Tampa) were pretty flat. The Islanders played very well and 5 on 5 is something Tampa Bay has to figure out, if the Islanders stay out of the box. Great strategy for NY though, stay out of the box and keep the legs moving. I believe the Lightning will figure it out and adjust, but it is gonna be a grind every night.

I think I may have said this before, but when I was a kid and lived in Garden City New York, we would go see the Islanders play all the time at the Nassau Colosseum. Those Bossy, Potvin, Nystrum, Trottier days were the best as a young fan. So worse case scenario if the Lightning some how happen to not move on, I will be rooting for the Islanders. But that is worse case scenario.

John

Looks like Montreal just made it a series. I thought VGN looked beatable after game two. We may have wild ride in the North/West

Yes it was tight. Islanders did a decent job staying out of the box. Series is definitely a brawl every night. Tampa played very good defensively in the 3rd period I thought, shutting it down. Tough to win away on the road so I was happy to see them bounce back from a sluggish first period.

John

Man, the Golden Knights goalie really choked up the tying goal with like a couple of minutes left in regulation.
And when someone screws up there's usually punishment involved: Montreal up 2-1 now...

Man, the Golden Knights goalie really choked up the tying goal with like a couple of minutes left in regulation.
And when someone screws up there's usually punishment involved: Montreal up 2-1 now...

Fleury should get an assist on that goal. Make all the difficult stops, then serve that one up. It was sort of a Karma payback for that first period goal of Roy's, where Montreal tried to clear the puck from behind the goal and sent it right in front of the crease, and directly to Roy's stick. Mistakes at this level are costly.

Good game tonight, but after a lethargic start (down 3:1 on shots on goal after the first period) the Islanders clearly got their rhythm together in the 2nd period and may well have croaked the Lightning.

We'll see...

Cheers!

Back