Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to look that up. The article I read says that icing rules revert to normal when the penalty is over, not when they're back to five skaters.

I believe this is true unless they changed the rules. I remember a few times where teams iced the puck just after the whistle blew and they got called for it. Of course it may be that their player was in the box and had come out. I don't recall every seeing a case where the penalty ended and a player didn't come out of the box immediately. I would like to have seen that game.

I believe this is true unless they changed the rules. I remember a few times where teams iced the puck just after the whistle blew and they got called for it. Of course it may be that their player was in the box and had come out. I don't recall every seeing a case where the penalty ended and a player didn't come out of the box immediately. I would like to have seen that game.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ5-T40b4O0"][YOUTUBE]MJ5-T40b4O0[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

Bettman says that, as of now, NHL players will not go the the Olympics next year.

That is good news. A three week break in the middle of the season is ridiculous.

Bettman says that, as of now, NHL players will not go the the Olympics next year.

That is good news. A three week break in the middle of the season is ridiculous.
There's more than a good chance that if the NHL says no, they're still going to need to call up a bunch of AHL scrubs to fill the holes. I'm betting Ovechkin isn't the only one willing to say "Fsck you Gary, I'm going anyways."

As a fan, I hope they go. The Olympics are supposed to be the best your country has to offer. I got no interest in watching a bunch of ECHL dropouts hacking at each other for Olympic gold.

I would have no problem with an NHLer taking a leave of absence to play in the Olympics. Have at it buddy, I'll cheer you on. But there is no need to shut down shut down the entire league. It's senseless.

This obnoxious attitude is part of the reason MLS is a joke. Refuse to align with international schedules and insist on playing during international tourneys.

BECAUSE MURICA N WE R THE BEST.

Sorry, but I'd rather not watch the same dropouts hacking at each other in the NHL. International breaks are par for the course in other sports. Deal with it.

Drunk and beligerent.

Also I hear this too much in other sports re: league competition vs. international competition. Both are part of life. I dread international competition. However not because of a lull in the season (FAR more prevalent in other sports) but just because of risks of injury to players from my various clubs.

It's life.

Another OT win for the Wings last night. With nothing really to play for, they went into OT due to the 'Canes pulling the goalie down by 1 and getting that tie score on a nice wrister.

AA scores on a breakaway in OT, but gets pushed into the goalie, who apparently received a neck injury and left on a stretcher. Was a bunch of scary minutes as they tended to him.

Canes could have really used that extra point, too. End of season is coming up soon and they need several points to catch a WC spot.

I don't know much about Dan Rosen, just that whenever I see an article and find a part that I disagree with, it's usually written by him.

rosenderp.png

Go Leafs! Go... uh...

*looks at schedule*

Go Panthers! Go Jets! Go Stars! Go Sabres! Go... ugh, I feel dirty saying it... Habs.

Wasn't comfortable calling it against Laine before tonight... but Auston Matthews wins the Calder. No doubt.

The Leafs though...hahaha. Go Habs Go! For real this time.
You can laugh, but this is the first time I've experienced some optimism regarding the team since... oh... about 5:00 left in the third in game 7 vs. Boston.

And THAT was the first bout of optimism since some guy named Sundin was the top line center, and they got to the second round vs. Philly.

This group of kids... they might not all be around when this team finally starts making some real waves, but damn, they're fun to watch. Frustrating at times, but ultimately they've done a hell of a lot better than anyone was expecting them to this year.

Leafs are officially in! Tomorrow's game determines who they play. Win or make it to overtime against Columbus... a banged up Ottawa. Lose in regulation... Washington.

I really don't want Toronto to face the Capitals in the opening round.

Well, yesterday was the last game at Joe Louis Arena. Lots of great memories from that place (Well, from watching on TV, anyway!) Only been there one time in person. We were so far up it was almost not worth attending. I checked prices recently and the cheap seats were not anything like "Cheap", and they were up in the nosebleeds sections to boot.

The Joe had something special, but I'm honestly ready for a new arena. Hopefully one with seats cheap enough for the average person to afford. They might consider charging less considering this year's performance on the ice... Baseball is about the only pro sport with reasonable prices anymore.

Regretting my pool decision to select Chicago to go deep...

Enjoyed watching the Karlsson show on that sick assist last night!

Back