Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hatty for Tarasenko tonight. Nothing for the highlight reels, just a pair of wicked wristers and an empty netter. The kid can skate, shake and bake when he needs to, and certainly has the scoring touch. 20 on the season. Don't know if he'll get 40 this year, but it's just his 2nd full season. He probably has a few 40s and maybe a 50 in his future.

But hey, I'll be happy with a 30 and a cup...

Rooting for the caps to pull a win in Fla tonight. The winter classic will be a good game. Hawks Caps is usually a good one on recent years so im looking forward to a good game and good homebrew on my couch.
Although i'm a Caps fan i think the hawks have the best looking sweater in the league btw.

Well, no 2 points but at least I got to watch the longest shootout in the history in the NHL. 20 rounds! Holtby could have ended the game 5 times but Fla scored every time after the Caps did! I wish the Caps could find a good franchise goaltender. I know Holtby is decent but I don't have full confidence in him to shut 'er down when it's needed.

Well, no 2 points but at least I got to watch the longest shootout in the history in the NHL. 20 rounds! Holtby could have ended the game 5 times but Fla scored every time after the Caps did! I wish the Caps could find a good franchise goaltender. I know Holtby is decent but I don't have full confidence in him to shut 'er down when it's needed.

It was worth only getting a point to watch that. Part of me just wanted it to keep going to see how far it could go.

I didn't get to see the whole game, but it sounded like Mrazek played very well, and he gave the team a chance. It's time the skaters take advantage and score some goals!

They are 1-6 now, so it shouldn't be too long.

Wait, who has lost 18 straight??

The Devils lost 18 straight shootouts, over 2 seasons, until they beat the Jets earlier this year. They also beat someone else this past week, maybe Tampa?

Just like to point out to Paulster that the oilers did the whole throwing jersey on the ice and fire coach thing first.
PS. Dallas Eakins is available and did fairly well with the Marlies ;-)

Ughh, do the Wild stink of mediocrity lately. Pretty much same season so far as last year, except the team went on a tear in January and never looked back. Going to be hard to string wins when we place Chicago twice and Nashville in our next 3.

Goaltending is of AHL caliber and I don't see much changing this year. We knew it heading into the season but didn't do anything about it because of the 3 one way contracts we have. Signing Backstrom a couple of years ago is really biting us in the ass now.

Felt bad for Howard during the Caps/Wings game the other night. They said it was a groin injury which is always bad for a net minder. Anyone hear how long he'll be out for or any other info?

I'm not a wings fan but it always sucks to see a great player hurt like that. Go Caps!

Felt bad for Howard during the Caps/Wings game the other night. They said it was a groin injury which is always bad for a net minder. Anyone hear how long he'll be out for or any other info?

I'm not a wings fan but it always sucks to see a great player hurt like that. Go Caps!

2-4 weeks before getting an ultrasound. Haven't seen anything since that.

ciadde9tfdngmk7otx4l.gif

Mrazek has been playing well for the Wings so far. He looked good again last night in Buffalo. Congrats to Hasek, BTW. I've always been a fan of his. I was glad to see him play for the Wings and get his Cup. I wish I had known he was going to be honored last night. I would have DVR'ed the game.

I have 6 extra tickets for the Blues/Wings game in St Louis tomorrow night.

Section 326
Row A
Seats 10-15.

Anyone know someone that could use them? I have struckout with coworkers and the like.

Edit: Make that 4 tickets

Last edited:
I have 6 extra tickets for the Blues/Wings game in St Louis tomorrow night.

Section 326
Row A
Seats 10-15.

Anyone know someone that could use them? I have struckout with coworkers and the like.

Edit: Make that 4 tickets

Hmm, I wonder how much for a last-minute flight?

Now that they're in the other division, I don't feel the hatred anymore. What a shame...

I know! I can't even hate Chicago fans now! Still have a little seething for Colorado, but even that is a slow simmer now.

Sometimes it takes a bit to get it going. I really WANT to hate Toronto, but I just end up feeling soory for them.

What a game last night for Detroit! They didn't look good to start, but got a couple goals and then in the end went to OT. I REALLY thought it was going to be another Shootout loss!

Hats off to Datsyuk for the GWG with 2 seconds left!

It was an absolutely great game to be at last night.

Some drunk girl after the game tried to start a fight with my wife since we had our Wings jerseys on.

Wild crawled back from a ginormous hole to make the playoffs again. Weird symmetry between this year and last year that I'm sure the team would not want to repeat next year:

Good start to the season, starting to turn sour during the coldest months. Go on a 6 game losing streak through game 42, call for the coaches head, head to Buffalo in game 43 and win. Miraculous turnaround to make the playoffs.

Difference this year was absolutely Duuuuuuuubbbss. Go Wild!!

Wings are still flirting with danger and younger players. The older guys are getting older. There is great promise in some of the younger guys, but until the learn to MAKE SOME DECENT CLEARINGS PASSES they will struggle to rank well in the standings, and their goalies will continue to often become scapegoats for their losses.

That said, they may yet make the playoffs and are in as good a position as Boston, Ottawa, Pittsburg (WHO THOUGHT THE PENS WOULD PULL A LEAF MANEUVER??) if they can focus on the defensive passing and get loose on offense.

They will have a nice test tomorrow and they can't afford to slack off. Not with the teams breathing down their neck.

Back