Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HawksBrewer said:
That would be fun to watch. F the Sens. Leafs look good thus far. Go hawks. Is everyone happy now? ;)
Wow. Kanata Sens are really getting worked over according to the box score. (No Sens game is ever worth watching)

Okay tuned in. Ottawa has the unfortunate circumstance of playing Anaheim on Awesome Jersey Night. Ducks aren't gonna lose in those - bad luck on the schedule is all.

56 shots for Anaheim? FIFTY SIX???

You wanna talk about sloppy D... Ottawa holding down 22nd spot like a boss!

That would be fun to watch. F the Sens. Leafs look good thus far. Go hawks.

Is everyone happy now? ;)

Hawks won't make it past the 2nd round this year. It'll be San Jose this year, in 6 games over the Islanders.

Don't worry about Ottawa, we're just working out the kinks and will hit November hard with a perfect month. Once we get a home game, it's game on.

Leafs will be a .500 team by New Year's Day.

Hawks won't make it past the 2nd round this year. It'll be San Jose this year, in 6 games over the Islanders.

Don't worry about Ottawa, we're just working out the kinks and will hit November hard with a perfect month. Once we get a home game, it's game on.

I Hope you are right about the Sharks.

Praying for miracles, I love it!

Gonna have to hope Erik "Norris" Karlsson starts playing like an NHL player for that to happen.

And to think that many here thought it'd be apocalyptic to lose Clarkson for 10 games...

Clarkson... who?

Goofynewfie said:
Id be more worried about team chemistry when he returns

They've been winning games with fill-ins. I think 5 Leafs have made their NHL debuts so far. Clarkson IS chemistry - one day he's jumping over the boards to stick up for Phil Kessel, a few days later Kessel commits to 8 more years.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say everything's gonna be juuuust fine - better even!

On another note - I like what Eakins is telling Yakupov to do. Can't stand these big ego Russians.

This looks nice.

P2t6ufo.png

Raymond on the #2 PP line, just made it 3-1. Seems Nonis knew something about this guy from his Van****ty days, eh? Eh stittsvillejames? EH???!!!

Woooooo getting outshot 84-7, Go Leafs Go!!!

Sharks/ Blues game got ugly early. Sharks taking it to them though.

I hope Boyle's alright. What a dirty hit.

Sharks completely dismantled the Blues. I'd say it wasn't even as close as the score made it look. Which is saying a lot...6-2 final.

Huge game by Spezza last night - got his team a much-needed win. Nothing says dominance like a natural hatty. He's el capitano now right?

Did I mention how much I love this team? All class and looking out for one another. That's some true hockey team bro-love right here.

tumblr_muqtm27KMA1rileugo2_250.gif

tumblr_muqtm27KMA1rileugo1_250.gif

And Kessel doesn't even watch it go in. That's how badass he is.

Kessel demonstrated what a class act he is last night. The multitude of rookies and call ups (with 5 key players out, including 3 left wingers, 4 wingers total) are doing great, all things considered. 6-1 bitches!

An ugly win, but they continue to get things done. Their ability to score while constantly being outshot, and the fact that they're the worst in the league at turnovers while simultaneously being #1 in takeaways suggests they have the depth and skill, but are lacking cohesiveness and teamwork. Luckily, these attributes are way easier to teach and improve over the course of a season than the first two. And as their roster gets over their injuries, I can only see them becoming even better still.

Oh, and Mason Raymond is looking like a genius pickup right now, sorry haters. The guy has 8 points (4 G, 4 A) in 7 games. I don't seriously think he'll maintain over a point per game, but for the cost of getting him, it would still be justified even with just a fraction of the production. It doesn't hurt that he's also one of the quickest skaters in the league too. Another player acquired for very little (a few late-round draft picks) who is probably having an even bigger impact for the team, (though only with a "mere" 5 points in 7 games), is the dude with last year's very clutch Stanley Cup-winning goal, a man known as one Dave Bolland. Thanks, Chicago!

Never understood the concern over turnovers. You have to have the puck to turn it over, don't you? They should be broken down into defensive/offensive/neutral zone to gauge importance, but then can we really trust some half-asleep NHL intern watching the game keeping track of this stuff?

3rd in PP
3rd in PK

Those are some stats I like.

Another player acquired for very little (a few late-round draft picks) who is probably having an even bigger impact for the team, (though only with a "mere" 5 points in 7 games), is the dude with last year's very clutch Stanley Cup-winning goal, a man known as one Dave Bolland. Thanks, Chicago!

We still miss The Rat here in Chicago. He is a great player who was often overlooked by casual fans. His ability to get under the skin of everyone on the opposing team was unmatched.

Given that LaPierre has an in-person hearing with Shanahan I would say 5 games minimum.

That's the rule. I'm gonna guess it'll be in the neighborhood of 10 games or so.

Wonder if Burns is gonna get a call for shoving Morrow headfirst into the boards? I wouldn't be surprised, or upset, if he got a game or two for that one. Dangerous play.

We still miss The Rat here in Chicago. He is a great player who was often overlooked by casual fans. His ability to get under the skin of everyone on the opposing team was unmatched.

I'd actually put Marchand above anyone in that particular regard...

Hey Paulster, I'm thinking of getting the following jersey (probably customized for Kessel):

http://www.jerseycity.ca/store/B101M7287-104X!CCM/Toronto+Maple+Leafs+2014+WC+Authentic+Jersey

Any thoughts? How much better are these ones than the replica ("Premier") jerseys?

And according to the sizing guide ( http://www.jerseycity.ca/sizingchart.asp ), a guy who is normally a large has a different chest size vs "pro" size, ie 48-50 vs 52, respectively. Why is this? Does the pro size simply allow extra room for the shoulder/chest pads? Essentially what I'm asking is, if I'm normally a large but DON'T intend on ever wearing it over equipment, should I still be getting a pro size 52, or should I get a 50 (which rather has a CHEST size of 52) instead?

emjay said:
Hey Paulster, I'm thinking of getting the following jersey (probably customized for Kessel): http://www.jerseycity.ca/store/B101M7287-104X%21CCM/Toronto+Maple+Leafs+2014+WC+Authentic+Jersey Any thoughts? How much better are these ones than the replica ("Premier") jerseys? And according to the sizing guide ( http://www.jerseycity.ca/sizingchart.asp ), a guy who is normally a large has a different chest size vs "pro" size, ie 48-50 vs 52, respectively. Why is this? Does the pro size simply allow extra room for the shoulder/chest pads? Essentially what I'm asking is, if I'm normally a large but DON'T intend on ever wearing it over equipment, should I still be getting a pro size 52, or should I get a 50 (which rather has a CHEST size of 52) instead?

I've never had the authentic ones, but if you can afford it, do it. They've got the primo shoulder crests in the regular jerseys, and the material is better. There's definitely a difference. That jersey is sick, I hope I get the exact same thing for Xmas.

I am a "XL" guy myself and I have an XL premier that fits perfectly. 52 is the size I think. If you wear large then you're good with a 50.

I hate how Pittsburgh won a lottery for the best player in a generation. What a terrible year to have a lockout.

What?

They got totally pwned by the Bruins 4-Donut in the playoffs. I don't think the "best players a generation" would let that happen.

Oh - wait. You were making a joke. Ok, I got it...

Cheers! ;)

What?

They got totally pwned by the Bruins 4-Donut in the playoffs. I don't think the "best players a generation" would let that happen.

Oh - wait. You were making a joke. Ok, I got it...

Cheers! ;)

Sorry - "iPad typo".

I'm just sayin' - for them to be giftwrapped Crosby at a time when they so conveniently needed it - I'm just butthurt over the whole thing that's all.

LEAFS DOWNWARD SPIRAL HAS BEGUN - YOU MAY ALL BEGIN CELEBRATIONS!

At least the Flyers picked up a nice new head coach with extensive experience coaching and organizing offensive strategies (hey, he had to be dreaming something up with all that time he spent in the box during his career).

:rolleyes:

At least the Flyers picked up a nice new head coach with extensive experience coaching and organizing offensive strategies (hey, he had to be dreaming something up with all that time he spent in the box during his career).

:rolleyes:

Anything's better than AV in New York, right?

GoofyNewfie - I am sorry for everything I said about Sather that was good. This guy IS a ****ty GM, and it's time to take him out back and put a bullet in this lame horse. That team is ****ED next year.

Everyone see the additions to MSG this year? Namely the "bridge" additions? They added more seats in front of other seats - so if you're kinda near the back in the upper bowl, then no scoreboard for you! There are seats like this in Toronto, that are behind the big gondola for media/scouts/etc. You can't see the scoreboard, which is more annoying than you'd think, and it feels very isolated and claustrophobic up there. Fans at MSG aren't gonna be happy, I'm thinking.

When do the Rags get back there anyway? Sometime before December?

Back