Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
j1laskey said:
With the acquisition of Kassian, will this still happen?

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCGe4MZkuSA

If everytime players exchanged words gloves where dropped there wouldn't be much hockey played.
Thornton wanted to brawl and weise preferred to draw a penalty. Which ended up being what won the Canucks this game. Taking advantage of a team with no discipline. So to answer your question then yes.

Acquiring one solid player isn't going to turn the whole team into fighters. But if someone's gunna start a fight your probably gunna count on him stepping in. Espescially when it comes to the unsportsmanlike tactics of lucic the slimy bastard.

Love the biased commentary here too. If I had no choice I think I'd watch the game in mute save my ears from there moronic opinions. Do they boo when the other teams score also?

If everytime players exchanged words gloves where dropped there wouldn't be much hockey played.
Thornton wanted to brawl and weise preferred to draw a penalty. Which ended up being what won the Canucks this game. Taking advantage of a team with no discipline. So to answer your question then yes.

Acquiring one solid player isn't going to turn the whole team into fighters. But if someone's gunna start a fight your probably gunna count on him stepping in. Espescially when it comes to the unsportsmanlike tactics of lucic the slimy bastard.

Love the biased commentary here too. If I had no choice I think I'd watch the game in mute save my ears from there moronic opinions. Do they boo when the other teams score also?

And it seems like whenever there is a big, clean hit that the person who got hit wants to immediately start a fight. Kronwall hitting Kessler comes to mind.

This was AFTER Thornton was jumped and fought off 5 Canucks.

You mean this one?

Wouldn't call that clean he left his feet before contact. Kronwell seems to continue to get away with these hits because there so borderline. Not saying he isn't a big hitter. Because he is and I love seeing them but there as borderline as it gets. Nucks have everyright to step in on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLUrT4Q8IGY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Wouldn't call that clean he left his feet before contact. Kronwell seems to continue to get away with these hits because there so borderline. Not saying he isn't a big hitter. Because he is and I love seeing them but there as borderline as it gets. Nucks have everyright to step in on this one.

That was just one of his more recent hits that came to mind. The Red Wings aren't fighters, yet when Kronwall and Abdelkader hit people, it seems like people always try to start fights.

Although with the Wings anemic power play lately, it isn't horrible if they get penalties.

j1laskey said:
This was AFTER Thornton was jumped and fought off 5 Canucks.

Wtf are you on about? He was the one who threw the first punch at burrows gloves still on! Right in front of 4 other Canuck players on the line change in front of the bench! He's the dumbie who is so keen to throw punches he jumps straight into it while the rest of his team is still playing oblivious.

wildwest450 said:
I like how you tools that can't win, fight about petty stuff, it warms the heart.

Aren't you another wings fan? Didn't we just WIN against you? and aren't we leading the league right now?
Petty stuff or not ya got to support your team when someone's trashing it. Hell that's what this threads for!
Seems I'm the only vocal nucks fan here until the playoffs anyway then I'm sure more will jump the bandwagon in.

Rangers v Canes tonight. Lookin forward to a little Staal on Staal violence, lol. Let's go Blueshirts, 2 more points!!!!!!!

Aren't you another wings fan? Didn't we just WIN against you? and aren't we leading the league right now?
Petty stuff or not ya got to support your team when someone's trashing it. Hell that's what this threads for!
Seems I'm the only vocal nucks fan here until the playoffs anyway then I'm sure more will jump the bandwagon in.

I have no love for regular season wins. And congrats for burning down your city after last years final fail....

Update: Rangers winning, Bruins, were winning now losing, and apparently, the blues players like having a weenie draped over their heads!! Saw the post game interview from their last win and in an attempt to copy the Rangers player of the game hat, their rockin a big tube steak on their head!! Hahahahahahaha.

Oh, and I think the fairies, ehemm, flyers were winning as well...........

Also, loving the new aquisition!!! John Scott, 6'8!!!!! 270!!!!! Bring it !!!!!!

Let's Go RANgERS!!!!!!!!

Nice comeback by the Wild, three goals in less than 4 minutes. Too bad they couldn't complete it.

wildwest450 said:
I have no love for regular season wins. And congrats for burning down your city after last years final fail....

Now look who's bickering about petty sh*t. Your a hypocrite.

Jets with a huge shutout to hold on to 8th. If only they played like this every game!

And nucks with a shutout of there own to hold the league.
Great night!

Flyers win a rare home game, Bruins win in OT, and. Miller posts his second consecutive shutout.

Solid fantasy night with all that going on.

Maybe the Lightning will show up tonight...

Big news for the Leafs, Wilson fired and Carlyle hired. I don't think he was the only problem, but I'm excited about the change. Hopefully Carlyle can get them playing a fast, physical game again.

Now look who's bickering about petty sh*t. Your a hypocrite.

vancouver-bc-riots.jpg

Boleslaus said:
All those dudes craning to get a look at the chick in black striking a pose.

About 6 people with nucks jerseys on? Out of hundreds. The real fans where at home with there head in there hands an watching the stupidity on tv. The people torching the streets where hooligans in on the bandwagon. It's amazing how many fans the nucks have when they are winning but as soon as they Lose there All gone again.

thedingo said:
About 6 people with nucks jerseys on? Out of hundreds. The real fans where at home with there head in there hands an watching the stupidity on tv. The people torching the streets where hooligans in on the bandwagon. It's amazing how many fans the nucks have when they are winning but as soon as they Lose there All gone again.

Sounds like the Caps and Pens!

There are bw'ers everywhere. Most of them don't torch police cars.

cmendo2005 said:
Anyone else watching this Vancouver game and thinking the NHL has a stake in it?

Just watched the replay sloppy 1st period by the nucks lost it for them.
What would make you think the NHL has stakes in it?

Decisions, decisions...I'm up 10-2 in fantasy. Goaltending is tight in all but one category:
Wins: 4 - 3
GAA: 1.45 - 1.30
Saves: 190 - 84
SV%: .960 - .955
SO: 2 - 1

We both have a goalie going to today. I have Thomas against the Rangers, he has Howard against the Blackhawks. Both are unconfirmed, but with Rask getting hurt yesterday Thomas is a sure thing.

I could sit Thomas and risk getting tied in wins and shutouts and maybe lose SV% if Howard gets it done. The Rangers have been on fire and I don't see a Thomas shutout coming. I don't want to lose another category in SV%, and I'm doubting the Bruins ability to score enough to win on Lundqvist.

Already clinched a playoff spot, and if the current matchup scores holdup, I'll jump back into first place going into the final week of the season.

Any suggestions?

Tough losses for Boston and Vancouver yesterday, Hahahahahahaha. Hopefully the Rangers hand Boston another one today!!!

Let's Go RANgeRS!!!!!!!

wildwest450 said:
Be an adult and stop playing fantasy hockey?

C'mon, there's money involved. It's not video games. And it's about busting balls and bragging rights with friends, an more importantly, beating a guy who is senior to me in rank and was my boss for the last year. Anytime I can serve him humble pie is a good time.

Back