Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[edit] Bruins survived a hairy third period against a scrappy Oilers team to go 3-0 on this western road trip. Calgary tonight. [/edit]

It turns out there have been 13 regular season goals awarded to NHL goalies but only 9 of them were off the goalie's stick. The others were "own goals" that the last player on the other team to touch the puck was the goalie and by rule they get awarded the goal.

If you have nothing better to do for 10 minutes, all 13 goals are shown here. Looks like all of the own goals were by teams on the power play. Whoops! :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Man, the Bruins were dragging anchor from the end of the first period to the end of the game, the four games in six nights definitely taking a toll. They went ahead 2-0 in the first then struggled to keep anywhere near close to the Flames, as Ullmark set a franchise record for 54 saves in a game (yikes!) while the Bruins managed just 20 shots on goal.

Tied 3-3 (miraculously) at the end of regulation the Bs managed to get the fourth goal and the two points in OT to continue their march to the playoffs.
Woof...

First game home after a road trip is apparently a "scheduled loss" in NHL jargon, but not tonight in Boston as the Bruins beat Buffalo 7-1 with a solid outing. Even had two short-handed goals in the same minor penalty!
And with this win the Boston Bruins set a new NHL league record as the quickest team to 100 points, displacing Montreal in the offing :ban:

+103 goal differential is insane!

1677814592220.png

Last edited:
"Hathaway and Bertuzzi were born to be Bruins. I can only imagine how teams are looking forward to playing a team with basically 3 Marchands."

LOL!

I'm positive I had my DVR set to record the Rangers at Bruins game but came in from dealing with the snow to find I had bupkis recorded.
Damn.

9 minutes of replays is not enough to get feeling how the game actually progressed but the Bruins never trailed and won 4-2...

Cheers!

Hahahaha! C'mon, it was just Marshand ffs, and he hasn't licked a single face this whole season :D
Also...seriously? They are kicking butt and taking names and the trades only made them even more bound for glory! :ban: :ban: :ban:

Cheers! ;)

Hahahaha! C'mon, it was just Marshand ffs, and he hasn't licked a single face this whole season :D
Also...seriously? They are kicking butt and taking names and the trades only made them even more bound for glory! :ban: :ban: :ban:

Cheers! ;)
haha. Marshand rat is freaking awesome.

Bound for glory? We'll see. But keep having fun watching your team, wins are fun for sure.

Everyone should be scared, what with the Bruins acquiring both Hathaway and Orloff.
The word is "It's like there are three Marchands out there!"
Ahahahahaha!
:D

ESPN+ and the NHL can go **** themselves stupid for exclusive games. Bruins are beating the Oilers 2-0 after the first but the best I can do is listen to the game. "Bah humbug" I say! :mad: And scarf up replays on Youtube...like this:

Literally cannot give this team one second of time...

Last edited:
Heck, maybe it was better not to be able to watch the game as the Oilers came from 2 goals down to eventually win the game and end the latest Bruins win streak at 10.

Oh well...on to the next winning streak! :ban:
Still, ESPN+ can go get f***ed...

Heck, maybe it was better not to be able to watch the game as the Oilers came from 2 goals down to eventually win the game and end the latest Bruins win streak at 10.

Oh well...on to the next winning streak! :ban:
Still, ESPN+ can go get f***ed...
You don't have a regional sports station to watch the games? NESN? I pay a subscription to one down here so I can see all the Lightning games.

Hmm? It's a league deal with ESPN+ - the interweb subscription service - that they occasionally get exclusive coverage of a national game. Last night was Edmunton & Boston's turn, the second time the Bruins have been exclusively on ESPN+ this year. The first time I was able to find a pirate stream. No such luck last night...

Cheers!

Good come-back day for the Bruins after Thursday's streak-ending loss, not only beating the Red Wings 3-2 in a nationally televised game but coming back from 0-2 to do it. Plus they set another league record with their 50th win in the least number of games ever :ban:

not sure if this is a good or bad stat, of the Rangers 37 wins, 19 have come from behind. The new stars are starting to gel, but still a ways for this team to get used to the new lines. The kid line has been doing more lately. I do like that the Rangers current front office doesn't panic during the regular season and manages them for the post season and beyond.

Buffalo in the middle of a very tough stretch, and not getting the job done with those games in hand and the Isles not conceding to them.

B's almost came back from being down 4 goals to zip but ended up losing to Detroit on their ice 5-3 for a home-and-home trade over the weekend.
Now they go off on a four game in one week road trip...

Bruins lost two games in a row and had the fan base on edge but fortunately the schedule brought the team to Winnipeg and the Jets went down rather quietly 3-0, just what the hockey doctor prescribed :) Not a lot of highlights, it is what it was...

Cheers!

PS. if you have never experienced the national anthem sung at the Garden before a Ranger game, I highly recommend you put that on your bucket list.

2:35 the late John Amirante game 7, 1994 Stanley Cup Finals. Reportedly the MSG staff said they had the PA at concert level volume

Lol! That looks like a Stanley Cup Game 7 thing. Love how the singer was so pleased with a performance nobody could hear :p

Bruins are taking it to the Sabers this afternoon and lead 3-0 after only 13 minutes. Tough day to be a Buffalo fan...

Lol! That looks like a Stanley Cup Game 7 thing. Love how the singer was so pleased with a performance nobody could hear :p

Bruins are taking it to the Sabers this afternoon and lead 3-0 after only 13 minutes. Tough day to be a Buffalo fan...
tough week+. They had all those games in hand on the Isles and they have come up empty. Granted a very hard schedule for them, but the Isle's schedule wasn't a cake walk and they have come up big in a few.

Man, someone must've pissed in the Bruin's cornflakes this morning because they came out angry and didn't let up all afternoon, scoring in the first 15 seconds and then laying a touchdown and an extra point on the Sabres along with some random beatings. A good day! :D

Cheers!

Rangers looking to change the NHL narrative about the Bruins lately. On a tear for months now, big acquisitions, defense back and healthy finally and now doing their version of a rout.

For a 28th place team the Canadiens came for their only appearance in Boston this season and gave the Bruins all they could handle for three periods, but the B's still managed to come out of it with a 4-2 win. I'd credit Slayman with the win as he saved the team's bacon all night.
55 wins, the 2nd most in team history. Not too shabby... :ban:

Cheers!

[edit] fwiw, 57 wins in a season is their team record ('70-'71).

Last edited:
It is great that you guys have some good organizations to support.

I am just waiting to see the Jackets screw up and start winning games and move out of last place. It won't guarantee Bedard, but last place won't pick lower than 3rd.

I history shows us anything, it is that the jackets will screw that up too.

You know it's going to be a long day at The Garden when a fight was breaking out before the puck was even dropped.

The Bolts came to town pissed off at their recent performances and thought they could take their angst out on the Bruins. Not happening - Boston wins 2-1 in a tough game, Tampa Bay leaves town with a four game losing streak, while the Bruins extend their current winning streak to 6 games.

Now watching BU trying to beat Cornell and make their way into the Frozen Four...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back