Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bruins are a very good hockey team so far this season.
13-0 at home so far, raising their own league record another notch by beating TB 2-1 in a tough game...

Cheers!

1669923547293.png

Bruins are still "undefeated" at home, having won or tied (in regulation) every game in the Garden this season. Lots of great games so far.

Tomorrow (Monday) at 2PM EST Fenway Park will host the Winter Classic game between the Bruins and Penguins. With forecast temps in the 40s it's a good thing they rolled in refrigeration for the ice sheet :)

Bruins are still "undefeated" at home, having won or tied (in regulation) every game in the Garden this season. Lots of great games so far.

Tomorrow (Monday) at 2PM EST Fenway Park will host the Winter Classic game between the Bruins and Penguins. With forecast temps in the 40s it's a good thing they rolled in refrigeration for the ice sheet :)

Bruins are very impressive this year. They might go all the way.

Precautionary tale: Lightning ended the 2018 season with 128 points. No team in the Atlantic was within 20 of that. They looked dominant. First round of playoffs, they played the Columbus Blue Jackets, the wild card team. During the regular season, the cumulative score differential between the two teams was 17-3 in favor of the Lightning. They were swept by the Jackets, 4-0. Oof.

Wow! What an ending! Bruins beat the Penguins by the skin of their teeth with a late 3rd period goal for a 2-1 final score.
Pretty good game all around :mug:

The key to a successful season is to keep the losing from becoming "streaks".
After the Bruins lost their first game in regulation at home of the whole season they rebounded by taking down the Maple Leafs in a well contested game.
Bs remain atop the whole league while enjoying the "peaking too early" taunts :)

Cheers!

Being a Flyers fan I do not have a lot of faith on their game today against your B’s

Edit…
Yeah going as well as I expected. 2-0 early in the game…….expectations just getting bleaker. Flyers make it hard to be a fan.

Last edited:
The Bruins David Krejci played his 1000th game today and the team decided to celebrate with a point fest on the way to a 6-0 win :rock:
Gotta say, the Flyers did not appear to have a game plan...

Well...give the Bs some credit, they've been totally rockin' the casbah lately. Flyers were just the latest chum in the water :ban:

I think this is hilarious, but then again, I grew up when the Bruins literally were among the top phlebotomy teams in the NHL back in the 70s, regularly drawing more blood than the Red Cross :oops:

Cheers!

Pedal still pressed to the metal.

Bruins next 7 of 8 games are on the road, but tonite they totally owned the Islanders with a rather comfortable 4-1 win. Islanders scored first in the first but the Bs totally took over from there. Could easily have been 6-1 with some post clanging going on.

Rangers up next.

Here's a video I'd title "The Power Of Triangles"...

Last edited:
I've been a Boston pro sports fan for going on seven decades now and have seen the best and worst of seasons. The Red Sox alone have broken more hearts up here over the decades than millions of women ever could ;) and the Celts and Bruins have had their respective tragedies as well.

One has to enjoy the season as it progresses for what it is, and right now the Bs are on a historic trajectory. We're not even to the friggin' All Star break ffs! Why put dampers on the thrills today over concerns about the future? That's not entertainment, that's angst, my friend. Don't do that...

Cheers! :D

Bruins kicked off a five game road trip in Montreal, and the Canadiens put up one of the better games I've watched of late and were actually leading for a time early in the game. But they still succumbed in the end to the relentless Bruins forechecking and offensive zone prowess, 4-2.

On to Tampa Bay...

Bruins haven't played a game since Feb 1st (next game isn't 'til Saturday ffs!) and I was so jonesing for some hockey I watched Tampa Bay totally spank Colorado 5-zip. It wasn't even that close, thanks to the Lightning goalie Vasilevskiy. Impressive win.

So the Killer Bees had a rocky stretch going into the All Star break but they definitely got their stuff together last night against the Predators in Nashville - which almost felt like a Bruins home game with the crowd seemingly behind Boston more than Nashville. That's gotta be tough to take for the homies...

Bruins win at home 3-1 over the Senators in a solid and entertaining game, with great goalkeeping by Ullmark and a couple of brilliant goals by Pastrnak.

Check out the fake right before the pass here. Caught the entire defense moving the wrong way for just a step.

And this goal is just evil! :D

Cheers!

The more I look at the Eastern Conference, I am convinced that the Bruins are not a lock up for the Cup. Great year but the top 6, Boston, Carolina, Toronto, New Jersey, Rangers and Tampa Bay, IMO, are all looking like teams that make the run. Keep in mind that of you are looking at just records, the Rangers have the best record in NHL for the past 2 months. - and they are the 5th team in the conference.

This year is reminding me of the old Patrick division of the early 80s when all four teams had 90+ points in '79 with three teams making the finals in two of these years including the Islanders famous run.

In any case, as incredible a year the Bruins are having, I'm not convinced it will be a run away and expecting some really great series come playoffs. I don't think the 2 wild card teams will have what it takes to get to the finals, but they more than capable of ending one the the top 6 hopes in an early round with a puck bouncing I their favor here and there.

I'm hoping the 6 remain healthy and enter the playoffs on all cylinders. If the Bruins do win the Cup, I would argue it was one of the toughest roads to both the President's trophy and the Cup.

I'll say it again, professional sports is for entertainment, and I'm going to hella enjoy every minute of this run without playoff concerns 'til/if they get there or at least close enough that things like injuries matter. In my 70s now I've been a fan of New England pro teams forever and have witnessed all kinds of thrills and tragedies and learned not to get ahead of the action and lose the entertainment value of the now.

Besides, the Bs had a rough couple of weeks going into the break, and lost some momentum that they're clawing back now, so nobody is claiming invincibility. That said, DeBrusk scored two goals in his first two games back from injury and the team is clicking again. Feeling pretty good :)

Cheers!

Man, I hate west coast road games, I'm too old to stay up late enough to see them end 😴
Went to bed tied at 2, had to wake up to the youtube replays to find out who won.
Looks like it was one heck of a game, will probably watch Bruins In Two later today...

seems the Rangers recent trades are backfiring. Too many missed assignments in a 3 game losing streak. Plus the puck is finding everything except the net. They still are dominating ice time with their ability to love the puck with corner grinding, precise passing and speed. They shots opportunities are there, but in hockey sometimes the puck just doesn't want to bounce your way. Too bad since they were making a good charge at the devils to move up a spot. still a lot of hockey to play.

Seen that lots of times, frustrating AF for the fans.
The traditional solution to that is to put more shots on net. Suddenly more goals happen :)

Cheers!

Seen that lots of times, frustrating AF for the fans.
The traditional solution to that is to put more shots on net. Suddenly more goals happen :)

Cheers!

Rangers had 50 the other might and lost. Sometimes the puck just won't find that inch or two to squeak by the goalie.

Back