Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think suspension worthy considering other plays that went unpenalized. The slew foot on Rinaldo in the Rangers game that was called tripping and was actually a pitch forking...Rinaldo was fined twice last week for a slew foot and something else and when it's done I him, nothing happens.

It's the same old thing with the league, Shanahan or some other clown - inconsistency.

The charge wasn't nearly as blatant or often as Ovechkin, who was considered a repeat offender. I don't think Rinaldo has been suspended by the NHL before and he got one game less than a repeat offender who has been suspended several times (Ovagkin).

I thought it was a penalty, barely, but not a suspendable offense.

I agree. He left his feet, but he didn't look like he was "launching" himself at the head of Ericsson, either. Ericsson turned around to look at the puck and the hit was worse than it should have been.

Disclaimer: I haven't watched video of the hit since I saw it live during the game, just going on memory.

Regardless, it's something Flyers fans have to get used to. Rinaldo is going to get things called on him because of his reputation, even though he hasn't been anywhere near the same kind of player in the NHL that he was in the AHL. He's not a goon, and he's actually got some hockey skills. Not great, but a decent pairing to go along with his physical play and punishing hits. Plus, like I said earlier, he draws as many or MORE penalties than he takes (as of the last time I saw the numbers, anyway, about a month ago...)

The Buffalo Bandits Lacrosse team has won tons of championships

Championships

1992, 1993, 1996, 2008

Very true. I remember going to a few games when I was younger, most likely between 96-99. Vague memories of the crowd yelling Tool Time or something. I think there was a guy named O'Toole on the team.

Girlfriend at work - check
Valentine gift delivered - check
Imperial Wheat IPA popped and poured - check

Looks like im ready to go. Let's go boys, beat these Boston b!tches!!!!!!!!!

Let's Go RANgERS!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's what the f**k I'm talking about. Dominant, period. Callahan, capt Callahan, on fire!!!!! Love it.

I'm seeing a bunch of angry faces in the the crowd @ the VD Garden tonight!!!!!! Hahahahhah.........

LET'S GO RANGeRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAArrrrrrttttie!!!!!!!!! Right now, I'm salsa dancing!!!!!!! Hahahahhaahaahh

Lundquist is the F** KIN Man!!!!!_!! Woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!___!

I'll check out re video when I get home on a bigger screen, but Shanny has no credibility with me at this point based on his short record of inconsistency.

First off, he has a really tough job. Secondly, I think he does a good job of at least giving transparency to his decisions by explaining his thought process. Third, you can't make everybody happy and on a lot of plays you just have to make a judgement call.

Hellfish76 said:
First off, he has a really tough job. Secondly, I think he does a good job of at least giving transparency to his decisions by explaining his thought process. Third, you can't make everybody happy and on a lot of plays you just have to make a judgement call.

Irregardless, he's inconsistent and it's irritating. I think there are lots of tough jobs and it's impossible to make everyone happy, but those are excuses when you do a piss poor job and you hand out inconsistent punishment.

Boleslaus said:
I think he's gotten 80% of them right.

Maybe, depends on the definition of got it right. Yes, he's handed out suspensions to most who deserve it, but also not given out a number that he should have based on those he has dished out. The length I don't always agree with either.

Love how the RaGs get no respect, makes winning all the better!!! Bring on the west, and the devils!!!!!!!!!

Let's go RAngERs!!!!!!!!!

Northjerzyg said:
Love how the RaGs get no respect, makes winning all the better!!! Bring on the west, and the devils!!!!!!!!!

Let's go RAngERs!!!!!!!!!

One of my buddies is a Rangers fan and we both have been talking about how unstoppable they look these days. I don't think you're going to get any attaboys here, just your balls busted. But they look good, for now, but we all know they're going to eff it up somehow, like always. They'll bring Avery back up and the wheels will fall off or something.

Lundqvist had the horseshoe up the @$$. 42-20 shots on goal. B's not your fault. Chara nice rebound.

They'll bring Avery back up and the wheels will fall off or something.

Funny thing is, at the very begining of the season they got off to a slow start. Bringing Avery back seemed to be the point when the started heating up. And he was actually contributing, some. Luckily it continued after they sent him packin. Plus torts hates him..........

You know who's awesome at hockey? Ottawa. And Spezza. And E.K.65. Oh, and Anderson. And also that Alfie guy. He's awesome.

Gonna eat some Panther for dinner tonight!

That's like ebonics. Its not a real word just because people use it.

No, it's nothing like ebonics. Ebonics has a complete disregard for grammatical syntax in the English language. It's not a dialect of English, it's a completely different language.

You could make an argument that the "dialect" spoken in the south is in the same realm due to the lack of grammatical similarity to standard English.

Side note, Boston/Montreal game is entertaining.

No, it's nothing like ebonics. Ebonics has a complete disregard for grammatical syntax in the English language. It's not a dialect of English, it's a completely different language.

You could make an argument that the "dialect" spoken in the south is in the same realm due to the lack of grammatical similarity to standard English.

Side note, Boston/Montreal game is entertaining.

Irregardless is a disregard of the english language. You can't just add prefixes when you want.

Irregardless is a disregard of the english language. You can't just add prefixes when you want.

I know. I lived below the Mason-Dixon for the first 10 years of life and it left a lasting mark.

And this Bruins/Habs game is very entertaining! Didn't expect Montreal to be hitting this much.

The broadcasters were talking about how the Habs were playing "Bruins" hockey against the Bruins.

Man, the Bruins are in a slump. Up and down all year. 3-7 in the first ten. 24-4-2, then 6-7-1. They're driving me ****ing crazy. The way they've been playing lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they blow this one...****!!!!!

Marchand is such a little b*tch. Every game has multiple highlights of him either taking someone's legs out or him ducking to avoid a hit.

It's ridiculous how lazy the Leafs are in their own end. Reimer gets no help at all.

Rubes said:
It's ridiculous how lazy the Leafs are in their own end. Reimer gets no help at all.

Reimer isn't providing much help of his own this season anyways. Some games, sure, but he's extremely inconsistent. If he consistently played this season like he did the end of last season (although many people seem to be blind to anything that happened AFTER that), the Leafs would be doing a lot better. But his inexperience is showing, and goaltending is the main thing holding back the Leafs this season, IMO.

For once, I think the Leafs are on the right track at least. We've got an incredibly young and promising team that should give us PLENTY of time to develop and fill in the gaps. A cup within the next ten years may even be possible. But a strong goaltender is going to be critical and at this point I'm just not confident Reimer has what it takes. The kid can blow my mind sometimes, but unless he can perform every night, it doesn't mean shït.

I said it a few days ago, and I'll say it again - I wish Pekka Rinne was a Leaf :D

I agree, neither Reimer or Gustavsson are ready to be starting goalies, even though they can both be incredible at times. They are both streaky though. I wish they would learn how to play the puck better, that first Edmonton goal tonight was brutal and it was all on Reimer. Not the first time he's come out to play the puck and given up a goal because of it. Still, they both have potential and I think in a couple of years Reimer is going to be amazing. You can already see it, he just needs experience and coaching.

That being said, the Leafs are going to give me a heart attack watching them play in their own end. They rarely challenge the guys on the point, lose the battles in the corners and are just generally lazy. More than once tonight an errant puck floated into the slot and they all stood there looking at it waiting for someone else to play it. It seems their speed game starts once they hit the neutral zone. They've finally figured their penalty killing situation out though :) It's an exciting time, that's for sure.

Back