Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riopel said:
It depends if you want to be close to the bell center or if you are ready to take a walk or the metro.

Les trois brasseur - real close, 7/10 (google says 14min walk)

L'amer a boire - 8.5/10 (35min walk, 15metro, don't take a cab after the game for this distance...)

Dieu du Ciel - awesome beer 9.5/10 , (23min in metro, an hour walk) it's my favorite micro-brewery in Montréal, lot of choice, usually every single beer is good! it would be my choice if I was going to the Bell Center with you!

I'm staying until Saturday, so maybe Friday will work out.

paulster2626 said:
Give 'em hell. Not familiar with beer in Montreal, but I am familiar with the ******* Habs fans that pollute our sport. Bring your A game please. Piss 'em off royally. Throw all hockey knowledge and logic out the window, you need to get down to Hab-fan level to compete with them. They are blind to how ****ty their team actually is, and how much they rely on goaltending to drag their undeserving asses to the playoffs every year. Yes, I'm bitter..

Awesome, the four of us should be good, a pair of Marines and two completely obnoxious lacrosse players.

Was watching 24/7 last night and one part really stood out to me. The flyers game winning celebration. One guy comes in and cues the music while the rest of the team comes dancing into the locker room like a bunch of marys. Ugh.. And they call Avery a homo.........

Other than that the show was awesome. Really shows the intensity.

Dieu du Ciel is definitely a must.

Have some Pêche Mortel and Aphrodisiaque in my fridge from my last visit.

It is funny to see how everyone, especialy other canadian team fan, seems to care about the habs,

We are an average team rushing to make the playoff like I don't know, Nashville, But there so much attention on us, I don't know what the NHl would do without the habs, it would be la baseball without Yankees (ho but wait Yankees still are a wining club!) Damn the salary cap

It is funny to see how everyone, especialy other canadian team fan, seems to care about the habs,

We are an average team rushing to make the playoff like I don't know, Nashville, But there so much attention on us, I don't know what the NHl would do without the habs, it would be la baseball without Yankees (ho but wait Yankees still are a wining club!) Damn the salary cap

The Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens are the most important teams in hockey. Nothing new here. Nashville? They can suck a nut.

Was watching 24/7 last night and one part really stood out to me. The flyers game winning celebration. One guy comes in and cues the music while the rest of the team comes dancing into the locker room like a bunch of marys. Ugh.. And they call Avery a homo.........

Other than that the show was awesome. Really shows the intensity.

You mean you didn't know? Every team does this.

Perhaps they feel they can "dance like marys" because they know in a couple hours they'll be at some club with the hottest women in the city swooning over them.:ban:

Jeez, what's up with this place? Defending mary-dancing? Fawning over players like teenage girls? I assume the discussion to ban fighting will start soon...

Jeez, what's up with this place? Defending mary-dancing? Fawning over players like teenage girls? I assume the discussion to ban fighting will start soon...

Well, it does have no place in the game. Same with hitting. I want to watch men's beer league hockey.

The Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens are the most important teams in hockey. Nothing new here. Nashville? They can suck a nut.

They say that in Toronto, in Phily they say it's the Flyers and the Habs, Detroit : the wings and the habs... In Montreal they say it's the habs and the Nordics...

Was a pretty good game last night.

No fan of the shootout but it was fun watching Kane make Backstrom look silly.

Kane was as slow as Brunette with John Scott riding on his shoulders.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2R95nD3FeE]Patrick Kane Shootout Goal vs Minnesota 12/5/11 - YouTube[/ame]

It's a nice one, I've got him in my pool, too bad he didn't make any other points in this game, Toews 2pts at least that is good for me!

Just wait until the Toronto Bills win the Superbowl, than we'll see who's laughing!

:ban:

Although, I totally agree...The Leafs suck!

Ahh, the old butthurt 1967 talk. Took long enough, but it does show how Toronto is the NHL's most important team. After all, why would everyone give a such a **** about them?

Did you know the LA Kings and St. Louis Blues also have the exact same drought? They've never won a cup since they came in to the league in 1967. I guess they suck too.

Buffalo and Vancouver are pretty **** too then I suppose. They've both never won the big trophy, and have been trying to since 1970.

Ottawa - how do we even count them? They haven't won since 1927, and weren't even important enough to have an NHL team from 1934-1992. We'll just pretend they don't exist, it's better for everyone that way.

Does Canada still have hockey teams? :) Last I looked its been quite a while (the 93 season) since one of them have won the Stanley Cup. For Toronto, since 1967!

77% of NHL franchises are located in the USA. I'd take those odds any day. I don't understand how a game in which the majority of players come from Canada is considered to be dominated by a different country. Do you chant "USA, USA" at hockey games vs. Canadian-based franchises?

And don't worry - a Canadian team will win it soon. We're currently on a mission to tip the scales back in favour of the Great White North, by moving some franchises back up where they belong.

Awesome, the four of us should be good, a pair of Marines and two completely obnoxious lacrosse players.

Good work fellas. Regulation win. Team who belongs in the playoffs beats the team that doesn't. Helps to leave a spot for the Maple Leafs so we can appease the hockey gods and they can stop giving everyone concussions.

An exciting game to boot - makes for a great road trip!

77% of NHL franchises are located in the USA. I'd take those odds any day. I don't understand how a game in which the majority of players come from Canada is considered to be dominated by a different country. Do you chant "USA, USA" at hockey games vs. Canadian-based franchises?

And don't worry - a Canadian team will win it soon. We're currently on a mission to tip the scales back in favour of the Great White North, by moving some franchises back up where they belong.

It's come to be dominated by USA teams because the people and money (err, at least for the moment) are here. Makes sense given that Canada has a population similar to Iraq.

It was just a joke. Since I love hockey, I gotta (mostly) like Canada. I even like the National Anthem (better than ours).

It's a nice one, I've got him in my pool, too bad he didn't make any other points in this game, Toews 2pts at least that is good for me!

Toews has been on fire.
That kid just pours hockey out of his very aura.
What a captain.
(and Canadian national hero)

It's come to be dominated by USA teams because the people and money (err, at least for the moment) are here. Makes sense given that Canada has a population similar to Iraq.

It was just a joke. Since I love hockey, I gotta (mostly) like Canada. I even like the National Anthem (better than ours).

Your national anthem is the best. It tells a story of awesomeness, and has enough hard-to-remember parts in it that celebrities screw it up during superbowls/etc.

I sing that **** loud and proud - people think I'm American at Canadian hockey games. Whenever I'm at a US hockey game, I sing the Canadian anthem nice and loud, and the people around me look at me with that "argh, dirty Canadian" look. Then I sing your anthem just as loud (and get all the words right!) and we are all best friends for the next few hours.

I love hockey. How can anyone not like this sport?

So Pronger's done for the season. Sucks, even if you hate the guy he's still fun to watch.

But I just read that he's got a cap hit of $5m until 2017. And if he retires due to injury, that cap hit stays because he signed the contract at the age of 35+. Crazy.

Paulster, you seem like a great dude to go to a game with, regardless of who you're cheering for. The game was a blast, tight, never more than a one goal lead and the Flyers never trailed.

The Bell Centre was loud, especially when their boy for his first NHL goal. We sat around some good people that we politely trash talked with and got some recommendations to go hang out after the game, so long as we ditched the Orange & Black at the hotel first.

It's funny how people have told us they're actually afraid to go to Philly in Habs jerseys, especially during the playoffs.

We're not that bad...

paulster2626 said:
So Pronger's done for the season. Sucks, even if you hate the guy he's still fun to watch.

But I just read that he's got a cap hit of $5m until 2017. And if he retires due to injury, that cap hit stays because he signed the contract at the age of 35+. Crazy.

I like Pronger even more since he is out of the Pacific Division.

Paulster, you seem like a great dude to go to a game with, regardless of who you're cheering for. The game was a blast, tight, never more than a one goal lead and the Flyers never trailed.

The Bell Centre was loud, especially when their boy for his first NHL goal. We sat around some good people that we politely trash talked with and got some recommendations to go hang out after the game, so long as we ditched the Orange & Black at the hotel first.

It's funny how people have told us they're actually afraid to go to Philly in Habs jerseys, especially during the playoffs.

We're not that bad...

I'm going to catch a Leaf game down there one day, and I'm fully prepared to have beer thrown on me. It's just the horror stories and rumours I hear of people who have been physically attacked down there. Not true? I mean, I wouldn't be all stupid and making fun of people or anything. Philly is the only place I hear of this happening.

I remember we went to a Leaf game @ the Mellon a few years ago. The guy behind me was a total *******, calling me a moron for cheering for the Leafs and this and that. He was totally trying to start a fight, and the puck hadn't even dropped yet. I was pretty wasted, but somehow kept cool. I turned around and explained that we all paid a decent amount of money to come out here, and all I was interested in was seeing a good hockey game, regardless of who won. He came around quickly, that one. He also loved it when my buddy spilled mustard on the lady's back in front of him. It's funny how you can go from enemies to friends so quickly. Thanks, beer.

Later in the 3rd when the Leafs were down 7-2 or whatever, I see a group of people we knew from Toronto in a massive brawl a couple sections over. Cooler heads do not always prevail!

Anyhoo - going to the Leaf game tomorrow night. I'll be sitting with the only black dude in the entire ACC. Should be a good time.

I went to the habs a couple of time (it's a 5H drive) never seen a probleme with the other team fans... He little booooo now and then when the cheers up but nothing more.

And I've seens Bruins fan in a playoff game... no fight! and we lost 3-1!

Riopel said:
It depends if you want to be close to the bell center or if you are ready to take a walk or the metro.

Les trois brasseur - real close, 7/10 (google says 14min walk)

L'amer a boire - 8.5/10 (35min walk, 15metro, don't take a cab after the game for this distance...)

Dieu du Ciel - awesome beer 9.5/10 , (23min in metro, an hour walk) it's my favorite micro-brewery in Montréal, lot of choice, usually every single beer is good! it would be my choice if I was going to the Bell Center with you!

I'm at the Les trois brasseur in the old city have an amber and poutine. Awesome!

paulster2626 said:
I'm going to catch a Leaf game down there one day, and I'm fully prepared to have beer thrown on me. It's just the horror stories and rumours I hear of people who have been physically attacked down there. Not true? I mean, I wouldn't be all stupid and making fun of people or anything. Philly is the only place I hear of this happening.

I remember we went to a Leaf game @ the Mellon a few years ago. The guy behind me was a total *******, calling me a moron for cheering for the Leafs and this and that. He was totally trying to start a fight, and the puck hadn't even dropped yet. I was pretty wasted, but somehow kept cool. I turned around and explained that we all paid a decent amount of money to come out here, and all I was interested in was seeing a good hockey game, regardless of who won. He came around quickly, that one. He also loved it when my buddy spilled mustard on the lady's back in front of him. It's funny how you can go from enemies to friends so quickly. Thanks, beer.

Later in the 3rd when the Leafs were down 7-2 or whatever, I see a group of people we knew from Toronto in a massive brawl a couple sections over. Cooler heads do not always prevail!

Anyhoo - going to the Leaf game tomorrow night. I'll be sitting with the only black dude in the entire ACC. Should be a good time.

It's not that bad. I hear it's worse to be a Leafs fan in Montreal. Philly really isn't that bad. You'll get called an *******, but do did I last night, along with f*ck the Flyers, etc. Get a pair of tickets, I'll go with you.

I've seen crazy stuff, like the guy who got in the penalty box with Domi, but Philly is an intense place, loud, and nuts, but it's usually not dangerous, just a bit verbally abusive, and that's at every arena.

We had a good time at the game with the Montreal fans, and the girls who try to pump up the crowd. I gave them a hard time, an every time the Habs tied it, she gave it right back. She put a Habs logo sticker on my mouth after a Habs goal and I put it on the bottom of my boot.

It's been a great time here.

paulster2626 said:

He'll go on LTIR to prevent the cap hit. That'd be my guess.

Crazy 2nd period in Ottawa-Pitt game tonight, 0-0 at the end of the 1st, 4-3 so far with 5 minutes left in the second....

Johnson and Auld both suck!
edit: 5-3 now in the 2nd!

Just saw highlight of Phanoof the goof boarding some Sabre player.

Give him 5 games. What a wanker.

Probably only get a severe talking to and that's it cuz he's a leaf though....:mad:

Back