Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm becoming more of a hockey fan. Been going to the local CHL games. Wish NHL games were more easily followed on basic cable. I get to goto the Coyotes/Sabres game next week in Phx, whose gonna win?

I'm becoming more of a hockey fan. Been going to the local CHL games. Wish NHL games were more easily followed on basic cable. I get to goto the Coyotes/Sabres game next week in Phx, whose gonna win?

That's awesome.

I'd pick the Coyotes for that one; Buffalo has not looked good this season.

I might be at that game as well, I have to see if mama got tickets to that game through her work. might just have to meet up after the game for a few beers!

Conlkin is in net tonight, trying to avenge his earlier shellacking in Chicago.

Ya gotta love the coach who gives this to the backup in a critical divisional game.

Hopefully, it won't backfire.

Best sports headline ever:

"Penguins summon Satan"

Must have worked, they won the Cup that year.

I don't remember reading this during their run, this is HILARIOUS!

Oh yeah: the Penguins suck.

It sounds like someone is just jealous that you don't have one of the best players on your team. Sidney Crosby is awesome. Oh yeah we also have a great russian player in Malkin as well. I guess that any old team can make it to the stanley cup finals two years in a row.....i know they only won the second one, but the main players are fairly young and it takes experience to win it all. If I hadn't read the thread form the beginning I would have thought that you were a Flyers fan.

I don't remember reading this during their run, this is HILARIOUS!

It sounds like someone is just jealous that you don't have one of the best players on your team. Sidney Crosby is awesome. Oh yeah we also have a great russian player in Malkin as well. I guess that any old team can make it to the stanley cup finals two years in a row.....i know they only won the second one, but the main players are fairly young and it takes experience to win it all. If I hadn't read the thread form the beginning I would have thought that you were a Flyers fan.

Yeah, Crosby's great for the tissue industry, he's singlehandedly kept Wausau Paper in business due to his constant need to keep his face tear-free, and he also provides hours of entertainment on youtube with his many dives; I hear he's hired Greg Louganis as a training coach.

In all seriousness, yes, Crosby is an extremely talented player and the Penguins desperately needed him. Malkin's good but I'd take Ovechkin over him. I've never been much of a fan of the Penguins aside from Lemieux who was always outstanding to watch.

challenger.jpg

You know, it's bad enough that I don't get any NHL games here but to add insult to injury I'd have to pay $20 a month to watch NHL Live on the web. Does anybody pay for this? Do you like it?

Yeah, Crosby's great for the tissue industry, he's singlehandedly kept Wausau Paper in business due to his constant need to keep his face tear-free, and he also provides hours of entertainment on youtube with his many dives; I hear he's hired Greg Louganis as a training coach.

In all seriousness, yes, Crosby is an extremely talented player and the Penguins desperately needed him. Malkin's good but I'd take Ovechkin over him. I've never been much of a fan of the Penguins aside from Lemieux who was always outstanding to watch.

I know that you are having fun but this diving stuff is annoying. He dives no more than any other great player who knows how to work the system. You don't get to be the youngest NHL captain to win the Stanley Cup just by diving. We thankfully loaded up with great players after many, many, early draft picks. I just wouldn't trust sidney crosby with thy keys to my car

4185214897_bd3f0576e2.jpg

As for the blackhawks Hossa had his moment in glory, deservedly so, and it will never come back. He turned down a great deal to go to detroit who in his words "had the best chance at winning the cup." He comes up against the pens and looses. It is good that he did win it with the blackhawks as he deserves it.

And just to help entrench my dislike for all things Philadelphia (except cheese steaks), especially the Flyers here is a lovely picture that was taken in a bar in Philly in 2005:

untitled.jpg

Please update the numbers as you see fit.

You know, it's bad enough that I don't get any NHL games here but to add insult to injury I'd have to pay $20 a month to watch NHL Live on the web. Does anybody pay for this? Do you like it?

No sure how much this will be liked in the forum but try veetle, you may get lucky and get a stream of a hockey game before the copyright police stop the stream. I've used it for a game on the NFL network since I don't have it on Time Warner.

Crosby is what he is. He's a great player. He's just simply a baby. He will be a baby his entire career. That does not discount the fact that he is a hell of a player. I just don't like him. Never will. It might have something to do with my affiliation, but whatever.

Once he is done with hockey he should have a great career as a professional diver. Or maybe a clown.

/may be druck
//also disliked Gretzky
///I still love me some hockey
////slashy, slash, slash, slash

Well at least the Flyer's jumped in from the break full gun's blazing. Damn what an awful game. And I am all for Shelley rattling some teeth but what the hell was up with him sucker punching Alberts? I mean they were getting housed, it seemed like a fairly silly thing to do. Drop gloves and go mano a mano yeah, ie; o'donnell earlier. But that was straight up stupid. I wonder if there will be a suspension out of that.

/rant off.

Still say flyers make a run.

I'd keep an eye on the Bruins @ Thrashers game tonight...after the last go round, I expect more fisticuffs.

Thought the Stars had us there last night.. Nope.

I know you wouldn't look at a 7-3 score and think "COMEBACK VICTORY"...

Nice to see Hudler starting to return to form and I can't believe the tear Eaves has been on lately. Never would have expected it from him. Helluva comeback!

Nice to see Hudler starting to return to form and I can't believe the tear Eaves has been on lately. Never would have expected it from him. Helluva comeback!

I agree entirely, although Huds should have been this good from the start. I think he can be much better yet. Eaves has been on a tear lately. Not sure where that came from...

Good to see the 3rd and 4th lines getting some action lately too. The Wings can't seem to have any one constant line giving it every night.

Blues D is finally healthy again: 4-0, 6 goals allowed with the top 6 blueliners back on the ice.

If our top 3 scorers can get off IR we might have a team.

NBC has highlights from the 2008 Winter classic on at the moment, followed by the 2009 and 2010 games before they show the Capitals/Penguins game at 1530 CT. I got the Caps.

edit --- due to crappy weather, game start time is changed to 8PM ET http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=547980

PITTSBURGH – With rain expected to soak Pittsburgh throughout Saturday afternoon, the NHL announced the start time for the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic has been moved to 8 p.m. ET (NBC, CBC).

Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel, who consults with the NHL on weather for the Winter Classic, confirmed there will be a steady rain in the afternoon. NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman had the final say on the start time and V.P. of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell notified the general managers of both Pittsburgh and Washington.

CBC will still have coverage of the game except for affiliates in Toronto and Ottawa, where it will broadcast the Hockey Night in Canada game between the Maple Leafs and Senators.

I wouldn't say that we got creamed. It was a good game and we'll definitely see them again in the playoffs

I agree entirely, although Huds should have been this good from the start. I think he can be much better yet. Eaves has been on a tear lately. Not sure where that came from...

Good to see the 3rd and 4th lines getting some action lately too. The Wings can't seem to have any one constant line giving it every night.

We'll need all 4 lines till we get healthy again. Yeah, Huds has been a disappointment for most of the year. Hopefully he keeps producing, he's been skating real well lately. Cleary has been the hungriest player on the ice all year (until he got hurt), I've been real impressed.

The baby cries again after last nights loss.

"He got my head, for sure," Crosby said. "But I can't comment on it. I don't even know. Maybe it was so far behind the play the officials didn't see it."

Back