Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spearko520 said:
probably won't hear one apology though from those penguin lovers. Seems like everyone at espn had them picked to win the STANLEY CUP. did anyone at that network watch the pens this season? laviolette's "gutless" sound-bite now seems less like grandstanding and more like prophesy.

To be fair to ESPN, analysts and writers *everywhere* overwhelmingly picked the Pens for the cup, including NHL.com

Crosby going after Hartnell while penalties are being sorted out .

Apparently YOU haven't thought this one through. That would be like my 6 year old going after me. Lets use some common sense here. "Now David, I think it's time you stop picking on Goliath, you're really starting to upset him" Please. :rolleyes:

It's good to see the Flyers winning. Maybe they can manage to lose 10 in a row to the Rangers this year!! :D

emjay said:
To be fair to ESPN, analysts and writers *everywhere* overwhelmingly picked the Pens for the cup, including NHL.com

Don't forget Vegas...

annasdadhockey said:
Apparently YOU haven't thought this one through. That would be like my 6 year old going after me. Lets use some common sense here. "Now David, I think it's time you stop picking on Goliath, you're really starting to upset him" Please. :rolleyes:

Did you watch the game and see him do it? He skated up to him and grabbed him by the back collar of his jersey.

You must have had really good seats to the game to be able to hear him say that. Crosby is a skill guy, not a fighter. Every team has them. Ever hear of Briere?

You must have had really good seats to the game to be able to hear him say that. Crosby is a skill guy, not a fighter. Every team has them. Ever hear of Briere?

Never seen anyone on TV clearly say anything based on reading their lips? I couldn't hear Adams say "Let's go!" to Schenn after he crushed him at the end of the second in Game 1, but you could read his mouth.

:confused:

Don't forget Vegas...

Did you watch the game and see him do it? He skated up to him and grabbed him by the back collar of his jersey.

That is a far cry from "going after him" He was trying to pull him away from Neal. Now, had he gone up to him and punched him, maybe you could say he went after him.

I thought Crosby said he was going to stay out of the scrums and the fighting?

Love that the Flyers broke their 4-game goal scoring record a playoff series in only 3 games, and did so against the Pens.

I also love that the Pens have set a franchise record, or should I say the Flyers have set it for them, the Pens have allowed the most goals in franchise history in 3 playoff games (20).

Hartnell is not a cry baby. He jumped in when 2 Penguins were pounding the crap out 1 Flyer. He pulled off one of those guys who then turned on him. You might want to watch again......he got tossed for it and so did the other player. He was pointing out to the ref as he was getting tossed, that the other dude was pulling on Hartnells hair as if he was in a girl fight. The dude was outmatched so he went girlpower on his ass. Meanwhile hartnell was punching the crap out of the dudes face. I thought it was a great game. Very entertaining.

beerloaf

Hartnell is not a cry baby. He jumped in when 2 Penguins were pounding the crap out 1 Flyer. He pulled off one of those guys who then turned on him. You might want to watch again......he got tossed for it and so did the other player. He was pointing out to the ref as he was getting tossed, that the other dude was pulling on Hartnells hair as if he was in a girl fight. The dude was outmatched so he went girlpower on his ass. Meanwhile hartnell was punching the crap out of the dudes face. I thought it was a great game.

beerloaf

Nice Avatar.

Yeah I'm a pens fan, and that game along with this whole series is an embarrassment. I knew they'd have a hard time beating Philly but this is just a joke.

Hey, thanks. I'm looking forward to it. Even if the Flyers loose, it's still been a hell of a series and very entertaining to say the least.

beerloaf

Not gonna bother reading all the posts about this past Pens/Flyers game. But as a Pen's follower (not even full fledged fan, my parents are from Pittsburgh) it's embarrassing to watch. I feel bad for my friends that are fans. You really can't say anything to justify that game. The Flyers are dominating to the point where the Pens are making themselves look like ********.

As for the suspension topic. Hagelin gets 3 games while Carkner gets 1? Does the nhl want Hagelin to stop up short of Alfredson and just sucker-punch him instead. That's essentially what they are saying with those decisions. Combine that with the Weber no-suspension and I'm not sure what to expect going forward. I do hope that Asham gets more than 3 though.

For what it's worth, i don't dislike the Flyers at all. In fact, if I wasn't a Pens fan, I'd be a Flyers fan. Hopefully the Pens can take it at least to a game 7, just so there's more hockey to watch for all of us.

Cheers.

I think even the Flyers/Pens fans in here realize there is no sense in "trash talking" judging by some responses. Pens fans have their tails between their legs and at least some Flyers fans know when to not rub it in too bad.

I think even the Flyers/Pens fans in here realize there is no sense in "trash talking" judging by some responses. Pens fans have their tails between their legs and at least some Flyers fans know when to not rub it in too bad.

Not so sure about the fans, but the Pens players should have their tails between their legs. They should be embarassed with their defensive performance thus far. Never apologize for toughness though.

Boleslaus said:

If you're referring to me, I wasn't rubbing it in, I was discussions the circus side show Crosby and Company turned this previously entertaining and awesome series into.

Today was a sh*t show. I wasn't on the edge of my seat or going nuts over the score, I was wondering who was going to get a concussion and not be able to play as the Flyers move on into the second round. It turned into a dangerous ugly game that brought on anger, not excitement.

annasdadhockey said:
Not so sure about the fans, but the Pens players should have their tails between their legs. They should be embarassed with their defensive performance thus far. Never apologize for toughness though.

They should be embarrassed for the entire way they played, not just the lack of defense or discipline to stay out of the box.

Here's a read:
http://www.modbee.com/2012/04/15/2159171/phil-sheridan-penguins-forced.html

If you're referring to me, I wasn't rubbing it in, I was discussions the circus side show Crosby and Company turned this previously entertaining and awesome series into.

Today was a sh*t show. I wasn't on the edge of my seat or going nuts over the score, I was wondering who was going to get a concussion and not be able to play as the Flyers move on into the second round. It turned into a dangerous ugly game that brought on anger, not excitement.

They should be embarrassed for the entire way they played, not just the lack of defense or discipline to stay out of the box.

Here's a read:

Absolutely agree. There was the potential for things to get seriously dangerous.

Boleslaus said:
Absolutely agree. There was the potential for things to get seriously dangerous.

And that is my point, my only point. Everyone loves big hits, physical play, and scraps, but when it's within the rules of the game. Penalties happen, but today was atrocious. I'd say the same things if the table was spun 180* and it was the Flyers playing like goons.

A Scott Hartnell interview about Crosby after the game pointing out (accurately) that Crosby set off almost every scrap today.
http://m.calgarysun.com/2012/04/15/sid-public-enemy-no-1-in-philly

Go to TSN and watch the video analysis of the game and Crosby's antics. It's certainly not biased, but they call it what it is about his actions today.

Here's a read:

Thats awesome that you were worried about the health of the players. Thats very big of you. I know that sounds sarcastic,but I mean that. I really do. By the way, it has come to my attention through private message that everyone hates you in this thread. happy hanukah.

annasdadhockey said:
I guess the only thing I can say is that Sid is really just a badass in skill player disguise. I hope he doesnt frighten too many players. Especially someone like Hartnall. Again...CRYBABY. BooHoo, Sid started it all. What a *****.

You're kidding, right?

You saw the replay correcting you that he wasn't pulling Hartnell off someone?

Badass that gets broken and misses a season and a half?

A badass that says he's going to stay out of the scrums and extracurricular stuff but then instigates it all because "I don't like any of them. I hate them. I'm having a hissy fit" type of badass?

I'm glad he's not wearing orange and black. He can't lead the Pens out of a wet paper bag, let alone an 0-3 series hole. He couldn't even lead his team to a victory with a 3-goal lead.

annasdadhockey said:
Thats one person's opinion I guess. Funny that he's upsetting your guys though.

He's upsetting the Flyers? Only in that any player is going to protect his goaltender from numerous hacks after the whistle. Or any player is going to respond to being horse collared like he did to Hartnell. Or when he swatted the glove away.

He looked pretty roughed up after the game, more so than Schenn after Asham's cross check. Let Crosby handle his own battles without every other Penguin coming to his aid for once and see what happens. Let him tangle with Hartnell. Looked like he wanted to dance, but the rest of the bench knows what's best for the KID and came to protect him from Scottie putting him down for nap time and a trip to the hospital for a brain injury.

We'll see what happens in Game 4. It was predicted the series would be a blood bath and the Flyers have done their part to avoid that, but provoke them by going after Giroux, Timonen, Coots, and Schenn, and you will get a response.

Crosby has not mentioned a single time about getting his performance level back to where it needs to be. He has not talked about how Staal or Malkin have not scored a goal. Philly centers are outpacing Pittsburgh centers 8-2 in goals. He's acting like a kid in a peewee travel game who has no composure or experience or leadership ability, only the ability to play dirty, get mad, and lose his mind.

Someone said something before the series about Philly's flaky goaltending - Bryz isn't looking like a Vezina, but he is getting wins and certainly looks better than Fleury, who looks worse than I would out there and I never played that position.

I like your optimism, but there is a line where you stop living in reality. You're getting close with your views on the Pens and Crosby specifically.

annasdadhockey said:
Thats awesome that you were worried about the health of the players. Thats very big of you. I know that sounds sarcastic,but I mean that. I really do. By the way, it has come to my attention through private message that everyone hates you in this thread. happy hanukah.

God knows I've had my share of disagreements with jtkratzer and have called him out more than once, but you are by far more ignorant and annoying, and have been so since your very first post in this thread. At least he gives it a rest occasionally...

emjay said:
God knows I've had my share of disagreements with jtkratzer and have called him out more than once, but you are by far more ignorant and annoying, and have been so since your very first post in this thread. At least he gives it a rest occasionally...

Thanks for the compliment sweet cheeks.

FWIW, I didn't see the Pens game, but even the Canadian pundits (and Bruce Boudreau, coach of the Ducks) during this Vancouver game's intermission, pointed out how Crosby was starting pretty much everything, despite it all falling almost entirely on other players.

These aren't exactly Philly homers - these are guys who usually take any chance they can get to verbally fellate Crosby. But the evidence was pretty irrefutable, and it's nice to see his bullshìt is finally being noticed by the people who normally put him on a pedestal.

I did have really good seats for the game, actually. It was on my couch in front of my television 1000 miles from the game. You could clearly tell he wanted to go, and even the announcers or Pierre the Elf or whoever said Schenn was saying "let's go."

Obviously Crosby is a "skill guy," as you put it. That doesn't give him a free pass to do whatever he wants without consequences.

Sedin Sisters = 2 girls, NO CUP!!

Looks as though this fact will continue for yet another year. Gotta say, Duncan Keith's 'divide and conquer' theory is working well. Dirty hit? Oh, for f'n sure, no doubt! Effective? Very!!! The only thing that'll top watching the Cannucks writhe in mediocrity will be if the Hawks win the cup. Presidents Trophy? Meaningless in June if ya ask me, or any of the Cannucks players who proved just how meaningless it really is just last year, and are sure to add further proof to that fact after they get swept by the 8th seed.

TWEET TWEET TWEET
LET'S GO HAWKS!!!

Sedin Sisters = 2 girls, NO CUP!!

Looks as though this fact will continue for yet another year. Gotta say, Duncan Keith's 'divide and conquer' theory is working well. Dirty hit? Oh, for f'n sure, no doubt! Effective? Very!!! The only thing that'll top watching the Cannucks writhe in mediocrity will be if the Hawks win the cup. Presidents Trophy? Meaningless in June if ya ask me, or any of the Cannucks players who proved just how meaningless it really is just last year, and are sure to add further proof to that fact after they get swept by the 8th seed.

TWEET TWEET TWEET
LET'S GO HAWKS!!!

I guess Vancouver won't light itself on fire this year, so that's good. :D

Back