enzymes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owly055

Reaction score
I don't know where this should be posted actually, but I just ran across a page by a biotech company that offers an array of starch to sugar conversion enzymes, etc. There seems to be an increasing selection of enzymes that may be of value to people making alcohol in it's various forms. There's even a fungal amylase that speeds up fermentation while presumably converting starch during the fermentation process......... sake anybody?

Below is a list of these products as well as links to the two pages.

H.W.

http://www.im-biotech.com/enzymes/starch-sugar/

AMG (Amyloglucosidase Novo)
For converting dextrin into glucose.

BAN (Bacterial Amylase Novo)
For traditional two-step liquefaction of starch to dextrin.

Dextranase
For breaking down dextran in raw sugar juice.

Dextrozyme®
A balanced mixture of AMG and Promozyme® for high dextrose syrup production.

Finizym®
To improve the filterability of wheat starch hydrolysates.

Fructozyme®
For hydrolysis of inulin to fructose.

Fungamyl®
A fungal alpha-amylase for making high maltose and special glucose syrups.

Maltogenase®
A bacterial alpha-amylase for making high maltose and special glucose syrups.

Promozyme®
A pullulanase for debranching starch after liquefaction and reducing the oligosaccharide content of glucose syrups.

Shearzyme™
A xylanase for improved wheat gluten/starch separation.

Sweetzyme®
A glucose isomerase for converting glucose into fructose.

Termamyl®
A heat-stable bacterial alpha-amylase for one-step liquefaction of starch to dextrin.

Termamyl, Type LS
An improved heat-stable bacterial alpha-amylase for one-step liquefaction of starch to dextrin.

Toruzyme®
A heat-stable cyclomaltodextrin glucanotransferase (CGTase) for cyclodextrin production.
Enzymes

For medium-temperature liquefaction of mashes containing starch.

Fungamyl®
A fungal alpha-amylase that shortens fermentation time.

Liquozyme®
A bacterial alpha-amylase for high-temperature liquefaction of mashes containing starch.

Neutrase®
A bacterial protease for improving yeast growth.

SAN Super®
For breaking down dextrins completely to fermentable sugars.

Termamyl®
A bacterial alpha-amylase for high temperature liquefaction of mashes containing starch.

Cellubrix®
A cellulase and cellobiase preparation for transferring cellulose material into glucose.
Enzymes

http://www.im-biotech.com/enzymes/alcohol-beverages/

For medium-temperature liquefaction of mashes containing starch.

Fungamyl®
A fungal alpha-amylase that shortens fermentation time.

Liquozyme®
A bacterial alpha-amylase for high-temperature liquefaction of mashes containing starch.

Neutrase®
A bacterial protease for improving yeast growth.

SAN Super®
For breaking down dextrins completely to fermentable sugars.

Termamyl®
A bacterial alpha-amylase for high temperature liquefaction of mashes containing starch.

Cellubrix®
A cellulase and cellobiase preparation for transferring cellulose material into glucose.
Enzymes

Chemical brewing! I remain to be convinced it'd give the same level of complexity a proper mash with malt can produced. Inulin to sugar's interesting though - finally a use for all those Jerusalem fartichokes my wife won't let me eat or serve to guests but seem impossible to remove from the garden.

The cellulases can be a bit of a menace - working on them in a lab once we discovered they'll happily convert patches of your jeans into sugar on the next wash cycle.

Back