English Pale Ale thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCGBrewing

Reaction score
Came up with this recipe for an extract English Pale Ale:

6lbs Light DME
6 oz Biscuit
6 oz Crystal 60L
6 oz Victory

2.5oz EKG 60 min (4.1%)
1.0oz Fuggles 15 min (4.9%)

Yeast: s-04 dry yeast
---

I was wondering if anyone can give me insights on this, as I haven't used the Biscuit and Victory before. Thanks!

I'm going to be making a recipe very similar to this one in a month or two that uses Victory specialty grains. I'll let you know how it goes. If you finish your brew before I do, feel free to post how it turned out, because I can't find anything about the Victory malt.

Biscuit and Victory are pretty similiar. What are you trying to accomplish adding both? I think you could pick either one and use .5 pounds, up the crystal to .5 pounds. The would be a little more traditional. The hop schedule is cool and S-04 will work great.

In my research to put my recipe together, I had seen both of the malts used pretty heavily. I suppose I didn't look close enough to notice that they have similar "nutty" contributions. I'll go with the Victory (GO SEAHAWKS!) and up it as you suggest.

Duke: I should be brewing this on 3/20-3/21, so I'll let you know how it turns out. I should be making 4-5 batches those days in my kitchen, while watching a full day of basketball games for the Tourney! Did it last year, and it was a blast!

Back