Empty O2 bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_m_s_00

Reaction score
This weekend I brewed an ESB, and when I pulled out the O2 tank and stone, it was empty. :( I've only used it for 2 brews before this, and only aerated for 5-10 seconds for each one. I guess the regulator must have leaked?
Do you guys remove the regulator when storing it away for the next batch? and how many uses do you get out of a tank?

If you remove the regulator when not in use how many batches should one of the red bottles last?

Ok, For the next one i get, i'll remove the reg.
When i picked up the tank (red disposible one) it felt empty compared to porpane tanks the same size. it said something like 40.2 grams. how long does that typically last?

I get 6 10 gallon batches out of a tank.

Additionally if you hear the regulator hissing, you have it open to wide, there is a small pressure release valve inside the screw top that bipasses the hose and regulator stone if the pressure is to high. So if you open the regulator to wide, you may actually be venting some of your precious O2 out into the air.

Sorry to threadjack but I got an O2 setup from a guy who was getting out of the hobby. I got the red tank, regulator and the airstone. The stainless airstone seems to have a 1/4" barb on it and the regulator has one that fits aquarium tubing (1/8 or 1/16"?). How do you all connect between the two?

So far I've put the aquarium tubing on the regulator, shoved it inside the 1/4" tubing and put a hose clamp on the outside of that connection, this only kinda leaks. Any help? Thanks!

you should be able to get a connector with two barbs, to change diameter sizes.

my SS stone is on a 22" SS tube that's the same diameter (roughly) as the regulator barb...aquarium tubing size.

Back