Emergency Cold Crash. Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCBrew

Reaction score
This is what's going on: I have a 1.051 Belgian Golden that's been dry hopping in the primary for 7 days at around 56-60.F. It is doing as well as I hoped, but the WLP570 is hanging out.

This is not a huge concern for me, but as my schedule would have it, I have to move the bottling to tomorrow. Here is the point I want some help on: Should I put it outside, wrapped in two T-shirts and other appropriate light shields, where it is going to drop to about 21 tonight, and bring it back in the morning and bottle in the evening? Will this make a significant difference in clarity? Would I still be able to bottle tomorrow night? And is there a risk of freezing in this short of a time (beer is 5.25 gallons in a 6.5 gallon glass carboy)?

Alot of questions, but I was hoping to benefit from your experience/expertise.

Thanks!

This was down at 1.009 (.002 past predicted) about 9 days ago. I think I'm gonna leave it out till I go to bed, the effect might be nominal, but it's better than risking a Belgian Golden Eis...

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back