Embarrassing Songs on your Playlist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyhoppyhippo

Reaction score
No matter how cool you are, you all have a song or 10 you own and enjoy but you flip past quickly in certain company. No I'm not necessarily referring to flipping off songs with profanity cause you're in the presence of family, but if that's your thing than so be it as well.

Anyway, I don't have a ton since I own up to my love of bad 80s synth pop and will play it around anyone, but I do have some

I have a few Avenged Sevenfold songs, I rarely listen to them but every now and then I'm in the mood for some really high tempo screaming crappy music, so it made the MP3 cut.

I have a collection of 90s dance music that I rarely play except around my gf or i I'm having a bad party. like Gonna Make You Sweat - C&C Music Factory - Poison - Bel Biv Devoe, and one more time - Daft Punk.

Islands in the Stream - Dolyl Parton and kenny Loggins, no excuse to like the song but I do.

Living in America - James Brown, Love the Godfather of Soul, but man it's a terrible song. Rocky IV FTW though.

Shout at the Devil - Motley Crue, I'm an unabashed hater of Motley Crue but for whatever reason I dig that song.

There are some more I'm sure I'm just not thinking of right now. Those just popped out for me from my memory.

"Only In My Dreams" by Debbie Gibson.

When your playlist is 10k+ tracks its easy to have some bad stuff in there but that one always seems to come up when I have company over that I'm trying to impress or at least not make myself look like a total puffball in front of.

Well I probably have more Ke$ha in my library than a 22 year old male should. Also, most people I know aren't too fond of The Mars Volta, so they usually get skipped over when any of their songs come up.

I have a 70+ song 80's album that I listen to frequently. I'm not really embarrassed by it, but it certainly fits the bill for this thread. My habit is more embarrassing honestly. I am obsessed with the play count on my iTunes. Right now I'm finishing up making sure every song has been played at least 4 times each. You'd be surprised how long it takes to do this. When I finish this time, I'm resetting all of the play counts.

I have a 70+ song 80's album that I listen to frequently. I'm not really embarrassed by it, but it certainly fits the bill for this thread. My habit is more embarrassing honestly. I am obsessed with the play count on my iTunes. Right now I'm finishing up making sure every song has been played at least 4 times each. You'd be surprised how long it takes to do this. When I finish this time, I'm resetting all of the play counts.

I've had my iTunes playlist count reset so many times it's not funny. Currently my number 1 song on Google PLay, Brick by Ben Folds Five :rockin:

It helps that somehow I've had the same MacBook for almost 5 years now. My loyalty to Apple was cemented when they fixed it for free after I admitted that I spilled a beer on it about 4 months after the warranty ended. That's why I want to reset the plays as a matter of fact. I have songs high up on my Top 25 that I never listen to anymore.

No matter how cool you are, you all have a song or 10 you own and enjoy but you flip past quickly in certain company. No I'm not necessarily referring to flipping off songs with profanity cause you're in the presence of family, but if that's your thing than so be it as well.

Anyway, I don't have a ton since I own up to my love of bad 80s synth pop and will play it around anyone, but I do have some

I have a few Avenged Sevenfold songs, I rarely listen to them but every now and then I'm in the mood for some really high tempo screaming crappy music, so it made the MP3 cut.

I have a collection of 90s dance music that I rarely play except around my gf or i I'm having a bad party. like Gonna Make You Sweat - C&C Music Factory - Poison - Bel Biv Devoe, and one more time - Daft Punk.

Islands in the Stream - Dolyl Parton and kenny Loggins, no excuse to like the song but I do.

Living in America - James Brown, Love the Godfather of Soul, but man it's a terrible song. Rocky IV FTW though.

Shout at the Devil - Motley Crue, I'm an unabashed hater of Motley Crue but for whatever reason I dig that song.

There are some more I'm sure I'm just not thinking of right now. Those just popped out for me from my memory.

I def wouldn't be embarassed to get caught with A7X on my playlist. They occupy a considerable chunk of mine!

I've got a handful of Jewel songs mixed in amongst my punk and metal, plus Fade Into You by Mazy Star and Leader of Men by Nickelback. Seriously, when I first heard Leader of Men I had no effing idea it was Nickelback and it is the one and only song by that I like by that awful, retched, untalented, useless, waste of oxygen, fashionably haircut deprived, musical formula following, record industry puppet excuse for a rock band.

Take A Chance On Me - ABBA. I was a horny teenager when it hit the airwaves here in the US. 1st time I heard the song, it was as if those 2 lovely ladies were singing just to me; not 75,000 other people listening on the radio, just to me. Almost as if Agnetha & Annifrid were asking me for a date. :eek:
Like I said, I was a horny teenager back then.
Regards, GF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rarely have company that's into my collection of black metal, and my Celtic music doesn't get a lot of love either. Oh and King Diamond!

Mandy, Barry Manilow

I don't think there can be a song more embarassing...

Do I win something?

I like just about everything that's been mentioned so far. Except I'd go with Part of your World from Little Mermaid, rather than the (also catchy) Kiss the Girl song.

And I like Madonna's Borderline. Just love to sing to that one!

I also like the Somewhere Out There duet (James Ingram and Linda Ronstadt) from American Tail. So hard to find a female counterpart, so I usually have to sing both parts, which gets complicated during the chrous.

There are many more, but for now I'll also exit by mentioning the Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog soundtrack AND the Commentary Soundtrack from the DVD. (Honorably mentioning Brand New Day from the soundtrack, although I love almost all of the songs on both soundtracks, except the Joss Whedon song whining about the writer's strike.)

I used to be a spinning instructor, and had to keep some real crappy music on my iPod for classes. Every now and then, one will rear its ugly head.

But I have my own guilty pleasures: Old Madonna, Richard Marx, and I am man enough to admit that I really like Ani DiFranco.

Take A Chance On Me - ABBA. I was a horny teenager when it hit the airwaves here in the US. 1st time I heard the song, it was as if those 2 lovely ladies were singing just to me; not 75,000 other people listening on the radio, just to me. Almost as if Agnetha & Annifrid were asking me for a date. :eek:
Like I said, I was a horny teenager back then.
Regards, GF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0

Now see, I like that, no, I LOVE that. I haven't heard that all the way through for years. I forgot how hot the blonde chick was.

I have over 4000 songs in my itunes library, but maybe Brittany and the Biebes. I think I have some Bee Gees. I don't listen to most of the songs. I've heard them ten thousand times. I have a few playlists and rotate them from time to time.

Everytime by Brittany Spears. They used to play this one on the radio all the time when I was in Iraq from '03-'05, so this song is the soundtrack for alot of my memories from that time.

Also... Kissing You from Miranda Cosgrove. This one got stuck in my head because my son used to watch iCarly alot when she came out with this song and they would advertise the he11 out of it at every commercial break.

Finally, Until It Beats No More from J Lo. Fell in love with this one because of that one car commercial. So cool the way she layered the vocals for the end part of this song.

No love for Britney? Did anyone actually WATCH her Hit Me Baby One More Time video????

Ok, so that's just about the only possible thing to like about her music...

I also wanted to add CAMEO and their WORD UP song. Watch THAT video and see if you aren't slightly embarrassed afterward!

Back