Element question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac MacFarlane

Reaction score
Hello, I’m looking to add two 1650W elements to my kettle. But they are hitting each other. I bent one element up a bit so they will both fit. Will this ok to do? I’m new to electric brewing, I thought I’d ask before tightening everything and wiring. There’s about 1/4 gap between them.
J9Ybgf.jpg

No that's not going to be OK. You'll definitely scorch your wort at the contact points. The way I deal with it is to bend the element close to the port so that each element bends away from the other.

1643479195773.png

I had the same issue with those same elements, bent one slightly up and the other slightly down so they don't touch. Never have had any scorching. Curious how you're powering these? Mine plug in to outlets on two separate circuits, works really well for me.

Last edited:
I’ll give it a bit of a bend, thanks for the heads up.
I have them running on their own circuit, one element will be hooked up to a ink bird pid. I will unplug the other once I get to mash temp.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back