Electric valve advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
I'm planning my new build and control panel build, And I Plan to use one pump to re-circ my HLT with the same pump as pumping to my MT.

Rather than turn a ball valve to send the flow from going back to the HLT, but to the MT, is there a solenoid or similar valve I can get so I can do it form the control panel rather than manually?

Solenoid valves aren't good for wort as the sugars cause it to stick over time. Motorized ball valves are what is commonly used. The brewtroller guys sell them.

I did see those, but I'm looking just on the water side.
Literally using one pump to recirc my HLT, and then change the direction of flow to my mash tun to sparge.

Also I'm just being lazy, as a manual ball valve will be easy and simple but. If i'm spending al this time making a control panel, why not add it into it?

Whether I use solenoids or motorised ball valves, will I need two? Or do they come as a three way valve?

Back