Electric Stove

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieGalea

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a suitable/reliable electric stove for a 10 gallon pot ?

I see a lot of 2000W stove, will that work ?

are you looking for a kitchen stove or a single burner / induction style?
Depending on how much you plan to boil, a 2000W burner may work or be just barely adequate.
|If you're doing 5-gallon batches, it'll work, just barely, as long as you have insulation on the kettle and the top half on. Smaller batches it'll do |OK though.
I got a 3500W induction burner for my brewing - I had to run (had an electrician do it) a 220V line to that area, but that wasn't too expensive, since we were having work done anyway.
That burner will get 6 gallons strike water from tap to temp (170) in about 20 minutes, and from run off to boil in 15.

A single induction was the idea as im planning to make a small set up in my basement garage.

The size in diameter might be a bit hard to find a single induction for it, maybe something commercial will do but at the same time i am trying to keep it low cost as possible

THIS is the induction burner I use with a 10 gallon kettle.
It just fits on the housing, which I actally like, having some of the weight supported by the metal frame as opposed t obeing fully on the glass element.
There is also a less-powerful version, the IC1800. I think it's the same dimensions.

THIS is the induction burner I use with a 10 gallon kettle.
It just fits on the housing, which I actally like, having some of the weight supported by the metal frame as opposed t obeing fully on the glass element.
There is also a less-powerful version, the IC1800. I think it's the same dimensions.

My concern is the diameter of the pot. It is a 36cm kettle.... or maybe it does not matter much the diameter if the power is strong enough

120v burners might not be suitable to hold the weight of 10 gallons. Mine can't.

My concern is the diameter of the pot. It is a 36cm kettle.... or maybe it does not matter much the diameter if the power is strong enough
My kettle is the same. I do see that the heat is more towards the center, but due to how inductions work, it does spread the heat out somewhat from the center.

Back