• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota Electric Heating Element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffey

Reaction score
I have an 1800w drop in style heating element for sale. This has a GFCI cord built in, so no need to install a special outlet and can be used virtually anywhere. This is a great way to get into electric brewing without buying lots of specialized equipment. There is a hi/low switch and a temperature control built into this as well. I used this 4 times.

Originally purchased at Midwest for $150, asking for $100.

photo.jpg

The element would be 15" below the top edge of your kettle.

It is indeed designed to hang off the edge of the kettle and wouldn't be considered fully submersible.

It can keep a full 7 gallons of wort at a full boil, though on it's own would probably take awhile to get it there. I think it would work best where someone wanted to do full batch boils on their stove and needs something to help their stovetop unit get there.

I just sent you a PM and am interested in purchasing the heater. It is exactly what I have been looking for to heat my hot liquor tank.

Brad

Back