• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Massachusetts Electric Brewery for sale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrhamm

Reaction score
I'm selling my 30 amp TheElectricBrewery control panel, brand new custom stainless Mash Tun w/ Mash Basket, brand new triclamp RIMS tube, ebrew boil kettle, pumps, SS elements, tons of SS fittings, SS quick disconnect hoses, and much much more. I haven't had time to brew since before my daughter was born 10 months ago. I really want to get back into brewing but I need to downsize and simplify.

The control panel was custom built (by me) following plans from TheElectricBrewery.com. I built it with the optional safe start interlock feature as well. After doing some batches I decided to upgrade the BK PID to a digital SSR dial control, which means the alarm dial below it is vestigial. For the Control Panel, Temp Probes & cables, 4-prong Power Cord with TwistLock Connector, and a Heavy Duty Wall Mount, I'm asking $1500.

Please check out all the other for sale items in the full price list spreadsheet & pics with the links below.

I need to find a buyer for the control panel before piecing out all the rest of the inventory. That buyer gets first dibs on any inventory.

Local pick-up only for now.

A bunch of pictures here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/q9o6mfb3jl2b1ub/AABX5hUy3o33rxFyeBuXJfSPa

Full sale inventory and price list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hR2XpZlqY7ndkquJDdZmMAhh_Q1_Um73XoYhO4z0RIw/edit?usp=sharing

Happy to answer any questions or requests for specific pictures, etc.

Cheers!

FhPZuts9SDQiZACH1ahoyytIGk6ocx-7rEXtbXi5GKQ

what are the dimensions of the mash tun and basket, im interested in the heat elements as well and maybe some other gear

what are the dimensions of the mash tun and basket, im interested in the heat elements as well and maybe some other gear

The MT kettle is about 17.5" diameter by 16.5" height (plus the bottom drain TC port, probably about an inch or so). The basket fits nicely inside and is a solid walled stainless steel basket with only the bottom being mesh (this is to keep the wort flowing down through the grain bed instead of out the sides... my plan was to do no-sparge to simplify the process a bit.

I'm tempted by the Hydra

I love the Hydra. I originally used a plate chiller (Blichmann) but got fed with it clogging every single batch. Even got the expensive filter from BrewersHardware to try to combat it but it makes for a lot more cleaning and wasted beer in the lines. Immersion chillers ftw!

Let me know if you're interested in stopping by to pick it up. I should be available just about any time next week (8/28).

Does the rims tube have an element enclosure?

The element enclosure is not included with the RIMS tube for the price listed in the spreadsheet, but it does come with mounting hardware and a 2" Triclamp to 1/2" FNPT fitting for mounting an temp probe.

The enclosures are bundled with the heating elements and cables, but hoping to sell the control panel before letting those go individually.

I had a buyer back out of a sale and this system is still available. I've reduced my price on the control panel from $1500 to $1200, which includes the assembled control panel, 3 NPT RTD temp probes with 12ft cords, 4-prong 240v power cable, and a heavy duty TV wall mount. Add the 2 Stainless steel elements with heavy duty SS tri-clamp enclosures and cables for another $200.

Back