Electric Brewery/DIN Rails

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naesb81

Reaction score
I am ready to pull the trigger on a Electric Brew Setup. The electric brewery seams to have everything I need in it's setup so I am leaning down that route.

Has anyone built this setup using DIN rail components? I looks like it would be a cleaner looking setup but I was curious is it all fit into a 16x16x8 box without the PIDs hitting when the door is closed.

If you feel the urge to use din rail, go for it. I do automation and robotics and most everything in our panels are din rail. It does create some nice flexibility, clean installation and wiring, and you can move things around until you are happy and start wiring. Like anything else, plan your layout, leave a little extra room where you can, and plan for future changes. Don't be in a hurry and it will be awesome. You should be able to position everything to avoid component interference. Nothing says you have to duplicate an online layout exactly. Be unique if you like.

Be aware though... In general, components that snap onto the din rail (breakers, contactors, fuse holders, etc) can sometimes be more expensive than their simple screw-down counterparts. You may need to shop around a bit more.

thanks for the responses, my only reason for going to DIN would be the clean look. I am a mechanical engineer and applicate the DIN system.

I use amazon and ebay for most of the other components (power supplies, contactors, ect.).

Din style worked awesome for me. Super easy install and easy to swap or change things around. My biggest regret is not getting a bigger box. I wish I did the two pid box it would make all the wiring a lot cleaner. Being so compact I started having trouble keeping as clean as I would like it.

What size box did to get? I was going to order the 16*16*8 precut. Do you think that will work or should I get a bigger one and cut my own? Its $130 precut or $90 not. I thought $40 would save me half a day

I got mine from Auber. It's there single PID box 10x8x6. 35 bucks. The next size up for two PID is 45 bucks. Or you can do the BIAB box for 155 because it's pre drilled. I have big drill bits and hole saws so I did my own drilling.

What size box did to get? I was going to order the 16*16*8 precut. Do you think that will work or should I get a bigger one and cut my own? Its $130 precut or $90 not. I thought $40 would save me half a day

I bought the same one you looked at.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=500

Totally worth every penny. If you are following Kal's guide, this box is a must in my opinion. I couldnt be arsed to measure, line up and cut all the holes unless you wanted a different layout.

I bought the same one you looked at.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=500

Totally worth every penny. If you are following Kal's guide, this box is a must in my opinion. I couldnt be arsed to measure, line up and cut all the holes unless you wanted a different layout.

Did the same thing. Was worth every penny to not have to spend the time cutting the holes. And I am doing a din rail as well, using some of Doug's wiring diagrams And ebrewsupply s diagrams (changing a few things from them)

Cheers!

Back