• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Electric Brew Panel (240v) and Hot Rods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teesherv

Reaction score
I'm doing the unthinkable - going back to gas for brewing. Electric brewing is hard to do with friends at other houses, so this is a move to be social. Panel runs off 240, built for 50 amps. Does have 120 outlet, uses 4-prog dryer cord for power source
So, up for grabs is my brew panel sourced from Auberins parts, built in 2017, and two Hot Rods from BrewHardware. Details:
Panel:
- 12x10x8 scratch and dent box with two precut holes for PIDs. Slight dents by hinges. Comes with wall hangers. (sd-b302520)
- 75 amp heat sink (add on option to box)
- Two 40 amp SSRs (SRDA40)
- Four push button switches (2 red for heat sticks (240v), one blue for pump (120v), one amber for master power) (SW1)
- Three contactors, 63a, 240v (DRCN)
- All rail mounted terminals (DINR)
- Two NEMA L6 -30R (240v, 30a)
- One NEMA L5-15R (120v, 15a)
- Cord with NEMA L5-15 plug on one end and female standard plug on other
All works well, many brews boiled. Last brewed three weeks ago and pulled off wall today.

BrewHardware Sticks:
Two Hod Rod sticks, 180* bend at 21, XL style, 10/3 wire, 10 feet wire length total (includes wiring inside stick, so probably 5-6 feet cord comes out of stick to plug in), with NEMA L6-30P. Purchased pre-wired, uses triclover and TIG welds to keep everything clean and safe. (shout out to BobbyM; his stuff is great!) Wired thru stick, empty ends ready for your heating element. I do not have the elements.

Includes everything pictured, please feel free to ask questions. Original cost about $400 (300 for panels, 100 for sticks), asking $250.

Since this is big and heavy (panel almost 20 pounds), shipping is gonna be outrageous. What I could research shows at least $50 for shipping within the state, so trying local pick up first. After a bit of time, I will be willing to ship, but that's going to take some research on my part and you will pay the cost of shipping.

$250 takes all. Located just south of Sacramento.

Panel1.jpg Bottom1.jpg Panel2.jpg Inside 3.jpg Inside1.jpg Sticks 1a.jpg Sticks 1b.jpg

Last edited:
Also open to trade or combo of trade and cash. Looking for nitro regulator and tank, a KAB4 burner, a shorter brew table (if you can weld, this may work for you). Or maybe whatever else you have and I didn't realize I really needed :)

And I'm back.
I have figured out shipping: I can get the panel in a box 16 x 14 x 11 and it weighs 20 pounds. It would be coming out of the 95624 zip code. If it is worth it to you to ship (and you are willing to pay for it), I will ship the panel only. USPS, UPS, or FedEx are the services I have around me.
I'm still working on the hot rods.

Back