Electric beer kettle- upgrading my equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebbb

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been BIAB homebrewing with my 20L aluminium pot for the last 2 years.

I now feel I need to upgrade my equipment a bit. I have friends how use Brewmeisters but prices seem to be way beyond my budget, so after a little research I have found this on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mash-Ket...519168?hash=item3626670300:g:UbQAAOSw7z1aON1z

Despite probably not being as reliable and top quality as a brewmeister it seems nonetheless quite legit for £200.

I have £300 max budget and I'm also open to get simply separate kettle and mashtun and HLT, though I feel costwise might end up going over it. Also I live in London, UK if that makes things different(?)

I really need some help from you guys, what do you think?

Seb

that looks a whole lot like the Brewer's Edge/Robobrew
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NNZ3KT/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

In my opinion, just keep saving, and buy whatever it is you think will make you the most happy.
If feeling upgraded, while not breaking the bank does it for you, then definitely do that.

If you really want a Braumeister (omg I forgot how expensive those were), maybe you can find a used one? Or convince one of your buddies they need to upgrade to the bigger model, and sell you their smaller one?? ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
those are all over alibaba too. Its a real mash and boil, just maybe not branded as such. You can actually find ALL keg kings branded stuff on alibaba or aliexpress because its all made in china and some of it was sold before they rebranded it as thiers.(BTW I was quoted like $75 each if I bought 10 of these from the manufacturer to give you an idea how much they REALLY cost to make)

I bought my kegking beergun from there for like$30 and intertaps for far less than US official distributors too since your skipping two levels of middlemen and markups that way. I even bought my 3 barrel kettles through sungood who makes them for stout and saved more than a few grand this way. It is what it is and the resellers hate seeing things like this im sure but companies could always go back to making thier own products or at least having a better relationship with the manufacturers sharing more profit and prevent it in my opinion and its thier own greed that causes this.

Last edited:
Back