Elderberry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyGoodwin

Reaction score
Can someone link me to an elderberry wine please? I used to go elderberry picking with my dad as a kid and really want to make one myself but can't see a recipe.
Thanks in advance

We have a couple on our website, we use a few more berries. WVMJ

Stabilizing is a way of preventing further fermentation from happening so you can sweeten the wine and not worry about the yeast eating the sugars.

This is commonly done with crushed Camden tablets AND potassium sorbate. Usually it is one crushed Camden tablet and 1/2 tsp of sorbate per gallon. Add those ingredients then wait 12 hours and feel free to back sweeten then.

Stabilizing is a way of preventing further fermentation from happening so you can sweeten the wine and not worry about the yeast eating the sugars.

This is commonly done with crushed Camden tablets AND potassium sorbate. Usually it is one crushed Camden tablet and 1/2 tsp of sorbate per gallon. Add those ingredients then wait 12 hours and feel free to back sweeten then.

Brilliant thanks for that I got them from the shop, now just to wait for the berries to ripen enough. What would I to up with? As I usually find with other packet wines I make (this will be first non packet wine I have made ) that after bottling that it is just short of 6 bottles due to the sediment adding space in the carbouy.

Further, in that link how many bottles does the 2nd one make? A gallon does not sound like a lot to me or am I reading it wrong

Back