El Dorado w/ Galaxy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MI_Dogman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewers,

I have 2oz Galaxey and 2oz El Dorado and I am wondering if these two pair well together. I would like to use them up, as they are just sitting in the fridge. I'm thinking a simple IPA grain bill, Mangum as the bittering hop, and WLP001 as the yeast. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Dogman

Brewers,

I have 2oz Galaxey and 2oz El Dorado and I am wondering if these two pair well together. I would like to use them up, as they are just sitting in the fridge. I'm thinking a simple IPA grain bill, Mangum as the bittering hop, and WLP001 as the yeast. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Dogman

Yes, I believe they work well together. Haven't tried it myself, but theres is a recipe out there call Drop Kick Nate, that seems to be popular, with those hops involved.

Should be great together. I would save both for a flameout/whirlpool add and steep them for a half hour or so. Don't forget to dry hop too. Should turn out great!

I have seen a couple of recipes, but wanted some more personal input. Sounds like it is a good tropical ipa attempt. I was thinking about using the 2oz of Galaxy at 15 or 10 min addition and the El Dorado for a whirlpool addition. Oh, and I like to use clear candy syrup to dry out my IPA's to really bring out the hops.

Back