Efficiency question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz5833

Reaction score
If you follow a recipe with a stated efficiency and the resulting gravities and upon brewing you hit those exact gravities; does this indicate your own efficiency rate?

As I'm typing this, it seems like a moronic question, but I wanted to be sure.

jaz5833 said:
If you follow a recipe with a stated efficiency and the resulting gravities and upon brewing you hit those exact gravities; does this indicate your own efficiency rate?

As I'm typing this, it seems like a moronic question, but I wanted to be sure.

Yes. Now, some might say it depends on how you measure efficiency, which is true. BUT if you know how the recipe originator measures efficiency and you measure it the same way, equal OG points with equal recipes equals equal efficiency.

Yes. Now, some might say it depends on how you measure efficiency, which is true. BUT if you know how the recipe originator measures efficiency and you measure it the same way, equal OG points with equal recipes equals equal efficiency.

OK, I guess I can only answer this in one way. I followed the recipe to a tee and measured gravity when the recipe said to. (It was a basic Brown Ale recipe with an accompanying set of "How to" instructions.)

Thanks

Back