ECY on love2brew.com right now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just placed my order for a bunch of ECY, including Bug Farm, Farmhouse Brett, and Saison Brasserie.

The Flemish disappeared from my list during checkout. I guess I'll be asking one of our club members for a culture.

I think that was my fault - it was out of stock the moment I placed my order!

It could have easily been the other way around, instead. :D
Besides, not any of our faults. The problem lies in their shopping cart system and notorious low availability for the demand. Next time better!

Enjoy!

They only have 6 ECY yeasts left. 4 of those are not in high demand, they've been there for weeks.

I had also grabbed a Wit.

Last edited:
I now have a Dirty Dozen Pale Ale and a Bugfarm psuedo lambic in primary, an ECY farmhouse blend that I'm dry hopping, and a Bug County blonde aging on the original cake.

I still have a vial of Saison Brasserie, Saison single strain, Anomala, and the ECY02 Flemish blend. I'm planning on doing some brett inoculated saisons (some in secondary, some at bottling). I've been lucky to get my hands on so many of these vials (pure luck, mostly) but now it's a race to use them all while they're still fresh!

I now have a Dirty Dozen Pale Ale and a Bugfarm psuedo lambic in primary, an ECY farmhouse blend that I'm dry hopping, and a Bug County blonde aging on the original cake.

I still have a vial of Saison Brasserie, Saison single strain, Anomala, and the ECY02 Flemish blend. I'm planning on doing some brett inoculated saisons (some in secondary, some at bottling). I've been lucky to get my hands on so many of these vials (pure luck, mostly) but now it's a race to use them all while they're still fresh!

Sounds like me! I have 6 carboys full of beer in the closet (fermentation chamber) and filling another 3 with lambic this evening!

They are all ECY beers, half of which are sour/funky.

I won't stop until I've collected all of them!

Sorry to bump and probably get some hopes up. It's been a while for anything to pop up. Is it due to the warmer weather or less deliveries?

Hey everyone, hope your brew days are going well!

After a small break in delivery during the hot, humid NJ weather ECY dropped off a nice big batch of bugs today!

Brett Anomala, Brett B, BugCounty (limit 3), Dirty Dozen! www.love2brew.com

Good luck!

Bagged ECY20 plus a Euro capper bell to make use of my stocked up green lambic bottles.

Any idea if the 2015 blend of ECY20 has changed from last year? And did Al close down his Facebook page for East Coast Yeast?

Bagged ECY20 plus a Euro capper bell to make use of my stocked up green lambic bottles.

Any idea if the 2015 blend of ECY20 has changed from last year? And did Al close down his Facebook page for East Coast Yeast?

ECY Did close down their Facebook - not privy to any more information than that.

The 2015 Blend is different - we will get additional information on that soon.

Saw this early this morning and they had BC and BF in stock still. Just went to go buy some now, and it was gone. :(

If anyone has access to either Bug Country or Bug Farm and wants to sell a vial, drop me a line. Been trying to try either and i'm bummed I missed out this time around.

If anyone has access to either Bug Country or Bug Farm and wants to sell a vial, drop me a line. Been trying to try either and i'm bummed I missed out this time around.

Try befriending local home brewers near you. i think Sweetcell told me he gave away some of his ECY20 cake at one of our grain group buy pickup.

yup, when i racked my ECY20 batch to primary, i gave away the cake to anyone who wanted it (i think 2 or 3 people took me up on the offer).

in a month, maybe two, maybe 6, i'll be bottling that batch. you're welcome to the cake. it'll be only brett & bugs, so i would add a small pitch of belgian sacch when using it.

yup, when i racked my ECY20 batch to primary, i gave away the cake to anyone who wanted it (i think 2 or 3 people took me up on the offer).

in a month, maybe two, maybe 6, i'll be bottling that batch. you're welcome to the cake. it'll be only brett & bugs, so i would add a small pitch of belgian sacch when using it.

I was able to get two vials of EYC20 this time :)

Gonna brew w Gueze and a Kriek with them.

appreciate the offer though. i'll prob give some of my cake away in a year.

I was able to get two vials of EYC20 this time :)
congrats!

Gonna brew w Gueze and a Kriek with them.
so you're brewing the same beer twice? traditionally a gueuze and a kriek are the same beer, with cherries added at the end of secondary to the kriek (vs. the gueuze that is bottled "straight").

technically its blended with varying ages of lambic, not straight. :D
well actually, krieks can be blended too (either before or after fruiting) :D

(i purposefully skipped the blending aspect for the sake of economy... but you're right, gueuze is always blended)

ok, back to posting about ECY at love2brew... we can take our gueuze vs. kriek discussion to another thread. i fear that we're giving heart attacks to the folks watching this thread for a heads-up on the next batch of ECY...

congrats!

so you're brewing the same beer twice? traditionally a gueuze and a kriek are the same beer, with cherries added at the end of secondary to the kriek (vs. the gueuze that is bottled "straight").

Yep, pretty much. love both.

Snagged a Brux, Anomala, and the 2015 bug county. Looks like this winter will be pretty funky for me. Who needs clean beer anyway?

I was able to score two vials of Bug County. Not sure what i'm going to do with them. My cellar is full of sours at the moment. I may as well keep it going.

I have the same problem. Basement is full, snagged 2 bug county vials, plus a brett anomala and a dirty dozen. And people say that getting into brewing is an obsession... That ain't anything!

Back